For about six months now we have been enjoying building a family tradition. Whenever we are home on a Friday night we have a "Slumber Party"!!! We finish dinner and then get out blankets, sleeping bags, stuffed animals, put on our PJs, get a fun treat to eat and watch a movie together. Even the kitty, Miao, enjoys laying around our feet on the cozy blankets! I absolutely LOVE this time. I love to go-go-go, but at heart I am a HOMEBODY. I make an effort to keep our home cozy, inviting and like a haven...a place of refuge and peace. Many people have told me this about my home. I take that as a huge compliment. We have never really lived in a "nice" home as compared to our peers, but everywhere we have been I make sure that the inside relfects who we are and that Christ is present. For now the movies are either cartoon-like kid movies or great family classics. It will be fun to watch how the movies change as PandaGirl grows up. This past Friday we watched Over the Hedge and had chocolate treats. Such fun memories!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Friday Night Fun!
For about six months now we have been enjoying building a family tradition. Whenever we are home on a Friday night we have a "Slumber Party"!!! We finish dinner and then get out blankets, sleeping bags, stuffed animals, put on our PJs, get a fun treat to eat and watch a movie together. Even the kitty, Miao, enjoys laying around our feet on the cozy blankets! I absolutely LOVE this time. I love to go-go-go, but at heart I am a HOMEBODY. I make an effort to keep our home cozy, inviting and like a haven...a place of refuge and peace. Many people have told me this about my home. I take that as a huge compliment. We have never really lived in a "nice" home as compared to our peers, but everywhere we have been I make sure that the inside relfects who we are and that Christ is present. For now the movies are either cartoon-like kid movies or great family classics. It will be fun to watch how the movies change as PandaGirl grows up. This past Friday we watched Over the Hedge and had chocolate treats. Such fun memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
When I was a child, we always had Family Night on Fridays. I hated having Family Night on Friday. Now, as an Adult, I treasure those times. When I go home to visit my family, I love watching movies and having "family time" again. Thanks for sharing!
That looks like so much fun. I miss having a pet to cuddle up with. I don't know if I can wait until November to get a new puppy.
We have a similar tradition. About once a month we eat chinese food, and watch a movie together. The kids love this time because it is the only time they are allowed to eat in the livingroom. Oh, we watched Over the Hedge on Sat. night. Is that the funniest movie or what?
What a wonderful blog. I would love to link you to mine if that would be ok. It's great to see another Christian woman out there blogging away.
What a great idea! We are going to have to come up with something for our family! It is just so important to have that cloes family time. We may copy your idea.
Thanks for sharing!
Looks like great fun. I'd love for our family to do something like this. Unfortunately, we are consistently inconsistent which makes it really hard to establish "traditions".
Post a Comment