Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Little Funny for My Girlfriends!


My best friend {link to Funderstorm} in the whole wide world (yes, I'm 36 and just used that preteen statement!) sent me this cartoon in a card through that thing called "mail". I opened it up and rolled on the floor laughing!!! Anyone even close to my age grew up calling flip flops "thongs". I can totally identify with this picture because it has only been within the past couple of years that I can say flip flops without first telling myself to NOT say thongs! Enjoy. ; )

6 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

I do remember them being called that, but as surprising as it may be, Cajuns had an even worse name for flip-flops...one that would make me blush if I were to type it into a comment... :)

GloryandGrace said...

Have you listened to that audio link on my blog yet? I know I mentioned it to you, but you were on the verge of duck & cover in Arlington when I mentioned it to you.

Let me know what you think!

JenLo said...

My sis JUST found an old card I had sent her with two old ladies wearing thongs. My 4 year old niece saw it and asked "Mommy, why do they have their flip-flops in their bottoms?" I thought that was hilarious!

Mommy Spice said...

Oh yes, I owned "thongs" when I was a kid...and I do mean the ones you wear on your feet!!

See you Friday.

Mama Darling said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!! Had a pair of thongs. Macenzie about died the first time I called them thongs.