
This has got to be one of the funniest things I have EVER seen! Tofurky? Come on....I can appreciate being healthy and not eating the nitrates and nitrites in real weinies, but THIS?, this is too much! I'm guessing it's tofu-made-to-look-like-turkey-like-weiners. I was laughing outloud in the store!

I had a list and was ready to buy certain things. At the Women of Faith conference I bought a DVD about Optimal Health from the Dr. who wrote The Maker's Diet. He is a Christian and was deadly thin from a sickness and basically healed himself by eating organic healthy foods. We are trying to adjust some of our eating habits. One being to buy organic when we can (it IS more expensive, but worth it in the long run to be healty and not pay for medical bills later) and the other is to REALLY incorporate more fruits and veggies in our diet. Yep, we are gettin' healthy. It's about time. Not to say we won't totally enjoy fast food sometimes, great desserts and just plain fun food, but we have to make a choice to eat to survive and not gorge on totally awful food that is completely devoid of all nutrition or actually BAD for you. We even bought GRASS to drink!!! That's another post- so wait for the pics of Panda-Pop enjoying his green grass drink. Yum!

3 comments:
I have a girlfriend who is a vegetarian. If you invite her 11-year-old daughter over and offer her a veggie burger or tofu-dog, she replies "No thanks, I don't eat meat substitute!" I thought she was kidding or didn't understand, but she was serious.
I am finally set up on blogger so that I can leave you and Snow White comments now! Love Whole Foods! We have moved to a more whole foods approach. I am making my own bread now, using fresh ground whole wheat flour for everything. Plus lots more changes too. Sure do miss seeing your smiling face. Glad you set this up so I can keep up. Happy belated birthday! Hugs, b
Oh, forgot to tell you, email me and I have a couple of great "greens to go" recipes that you might like.
Post a Comment