

Panda-Girl has been growing so fast! She got new shoes on Saturday and was feeling, oh so, HAPPY over her victorious growth spurt and all the fun things coming up, i.e., her birthday and buying new clothes and just fun stuff going on in our life. I am amazed that I had to buy her a size 10 1/2!!! Right after I took the pic of her in her new shoes and enjoying some chocloate chip cookies that we made together, we were wrapping a present for a friend's b-day party that evening. Both of us were feeling great and upbeat until.....

...I looked down on her art table to borrow her Fiskars scissors which are always there, because Panda-Girl is so good to only cut paper with them. She has been given boundaries of what to cut and has been using these for at least 9 mos and we have had no problems. Anyway~I looked down to see a gob of beautiful brown HAIR on the table!!! I know it could have been much worse, seeing as how I didn't even notice any hair missing when I had JUST brushed her hair, but that's beside the point. Needless to say~the happy-go-lucky feeling was OVER!!! As soon as I freaked out she FROZE in place! Little Miss Panda-Girl found it difficult to sit for awhile! I told her that she lost her scissor privileges and needed to clean up her hair. Then I stopped her and said that I would do it! I wanted to SAVE THE HAIR as evidence in her scrapbook! Oh, the sickness that scrapbooking has caused in me. Anything is worthy of scrapping and now...blogging!

6 comments:
HAR-HAR. Sorry. Just too funny. You've been initiated into the haircutting stage. Luckily she didn't offer to hair-dress for anybody else's kid. That happens sometimes!
PS--Okay, Smartie Pants! Yeah, it's not unheard of for people around these parts to raise their own food--I live in Upstate NY and am surrounded by farms and 4H-kids! Not my cup 'o tea, though. I'll just adpopt the critters, thank-you-very-much!
PS--I love Lisa Welchel's book Creative Correction.
I know you keep up with people's sites/blogs such as Lisa Welchel. You may be interested in one called "Girl Talk"! It's hosted by four ladies and they're all about promoting biblical femininity. I don't have their link on my blog, but I have several friends at school who frequent their site:
www.girltalk.blogs.com
What a hoot!!We have not had the haircutting....yet. Oh, I don't know what I will do it that ever happens. Spicy Girl's hair is so long now. We'll see.
You're hopelessely condemned to make people pose for the perfect photo and keep crazy things for scrapbooks...but you'll be glad you did down the road.
That is so funny!!!! Macenzie cut her hair right in the front after we had spent about a year letting her bangs grow out. Luckily it was only a little spot!
Post a Comment