Monday, September 11, 2006

In God I Trust


Where were you when they hit? The planes. Into the Towers. Devastating. Surreal. Was this happening in the good ole USA? Couldn't be. Did we just move to Baytown, TX the night before at 10:00PM? Is all of Exxon located here? Practically across the street from our new apartment? Are they coming here next for the refineries? Are there fighter planes protecting us in the Gulf? We are so vulnerable here! What are we doing here, honey? I want to go back home! Why is the world in chaos and turmoil and we just left everything we knew last night?!!!! Where is our security blanket? I don't feel like unpacking. I can't stop watching the news on TV. What do we do now? What? You have to go the new church and start counseling? Well, your not leaving me here alone, I am coming with you!



I had to trust in the faithful God who has always been and always will be in control of everything. None of the chaos made sense, but it didn't change the fact that God knew that day was coming. We don't have answers and maybe never will. His ways are higher than our ways. We can't understand his Sovereignty or why terrible things happen. We can know that He is trustworthy and righteous. We are wishy-washy and unrighteous. Thank God that I live in America. It is the best country in the world. Thank God that by His grace things weren't worse that day. Thank God that His Word is TRUE and I can TRUST Him no matter what the circumstances.

4 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I was in the hallway, waiting for my second graders to finish their restroom break. Our school secretary passed me in the hall and told me. I had to remember for a minute what the World Trade Center was... oh yea, it was the building my husband and I were standing on the top of the summer before. I have a cousin who lives there, and I spent the rest of the day trying to teach, and get a hold of her.

JenLo said...

Amen, Sister! Hero Guy was supposed to fly home from Philadelphia that morning and I was frantically trying to call him to tell him not to get on the plane. All the cell phone circuits were jammed and I didn't realize everything had been grounded, so he just drove home. I'm so glad we have faith in God to rely upon--I wouldn't want to face something like that on my own.

Funderstorm said...

Amen.
I was teaching fourth grade, and pregnant with my daughter.

Anonymous said...

I was standing in my living room (late for work because
Gary didn't come home till late the night before because he was helping yall move and I decided to sleep in) when the second plane hit. I watched in disbelief. Do I wake Gary up, or let him sleep? I let him sleep and that was the wrong thing to do. He was so mad.