
From one of the blogs that I visit often I found a fun challenge to keep my mind renewed. A fall reading challenge. Just set a realistic goal for yourself of some books that you have been wanting to read and go for it! If you want to be on the official "roll" then click on my link to CALLAPIDDERDAYS. Katrina will give you instructions on how to jump on board. Here are the ones that I intend on reading:
Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur (already started)
A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
The Ultimate Weight Solution by Dr. Phil McGraw (already started)
The Wishing Jar by Penelope J. Stokes
Mountains of Spices by Hannah Hurnard (follow up to Hind's Feet on High Places....my ALL-time fav!!)
Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge
The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell
I like to read when the book totally captures my attention. If I am slightly bored then I start to nod off and can't really "get into it". There are sooooo many out there to read, but not enough time to read the ones I want. Between being a minister's wife, stay-at-home-mom, children's discipleship teacher, Bible student on my own, scrapbooker and now blogger I have to MAKE time to read. Always learning, always growing.
Panda-Pop is a true voracious reader. He can literally devour a HUGE book in hours or a couple of days. He reads anything he can and is very well versed. He doesn't just stick to what he can buy at the Christian bookstore, which is what I tend to do because I don't read fast at all and can't even get through the books at those stores, much less any "classics". He reads all kinds of genre and loves it all. Even if he doesn't agree with the author he gets the knowledge and can refute any discussions if need be. I love it when someone is really ripping apart a book about how terrible it is and PP asks if they have actually read the book they are bashing. When they say, "NO." then he can usually say, "Well I have and here is really what is said...." I wish that I had his speed and comprehension. He has almost a photographic memory and can recall details of books he read years ago. Love it!!
Panda-Girl and I read everyday and love to go the library once a week. Being a former teacher I have lots of classic picture books that I love as much as any child! Instead of posting what we WILL read I am going to post some of our favorites....
Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson & Jane Chapman
The Aunts Go Marching by Maurie J. Manning
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
The Parable of the King by Beth Moore
The Princess and the Kiss by Jennie Bishop
All of the "Franklin" books by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark
All of the "If You Give A..." books by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Because I Love You by Max Lucado
Shaoey and Dot by Mary Beth & Steven Curtis Chapman
The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
I Love You Like Crazy Cakes by Rose Lewis
Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
Most anything from Eve Bunting (just discovered her this week!)
It would be really easy to keep on listing books, but why? Everyone has their own list and I am chompin' at the bit to go see other people's lists!

10 comments:
Great list. I absolutely love that E. George book and want to reread it soon. 5 Love Languages of Children is another great one, and I have never read Hind's feet, but have a copy here I want to get to soon.
Terrific list, Panda-Mom. There are couple on here that I love too. In fact, the same too that Jennifer mentioned: A Woman After... and 5 Love Language... Both are excellent. I've heard good things about 12 Extraordinary Women, too, but haven't read it. Thanks for joining the challenge!
OK...now you're speaking my language. You know that PP and I have that voracious reading thing in common. There are actually a few on your lsit that I haven't read...but I ABSOLUTELY think that every woman, mother, daughter and father of a daughter(does thata cover it all?) needs to read "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldridge! It changed my perspective on many things. I read it this summer in China. I've read the love languages. Haven't read 12 most extraordinary... yet. It's been checked out from our library. However, I like to read as an escape (me time)as well. Karen Kingsbury, Dee Henderson, Angela Hunt (to name a few) books are great for that. They're modern day and realistic. I lent you a series. If you're not into them you can give them back...it won't hurt my feelings. Now, children's books...let's see...you're talking to a person who would rather read children's books than almost anything else. I almost majored in "kiddy lit" as we called it. You've got a great list going. Check out "Bluebonnet Books" many will be too old for PG, but not for you. :)
I'm not sure I'm going to join the challenge...my hisband already calls me a "book-a-holic". The good news for me is that there is no 12 step program. :)
I'm now adding Twelve Extraordinary Women to my library list. Sounds really good! Happy Reading!
I keep hearing about Twelve Extraordinary Women -- I'll have to check it out some time. Loved Let Me Be a Woman and A Woman After God's Own Heart.
Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
Great list!! I hadn't heard of 5 Love Languages for Children. Will have to check that one out.
Blessings!!
Dr. Chapman goes to our church. Wonderful man, wonderful books. :)
Great list!
Happy reading!
Great books on the list! We're doing a E George book in Sunday School right now, and I love the 5 love languages!
One of my Favorite child's books is Hailstones and Halibut Bones by Mary O'Neill.
Love your list! And thank you for popping over to my blog. Looks like we have the same tastes. Your daughter is GORGEOUS. Aren't we so blessed? :-)
Post a Comment