
We've got it and we've got it bad! Wildcat Fever! At the beginning of summer several of our pre-teens at church (and their moms!) were ALL about High School Musical. We don't have the Disney channel so I had no idea what the hype was all about. Now I do. About a month ago Panda-Pop and I bought the movie because it was wholesome and clean and all the kids loved it. Mind you we bought it without seeing it. We both fell in love with the cheesy, over-the-top, hokey, BradyBunchesque show!!! The music is so much fun and I keep the soundtrack in Lego (our Exterra, named Lego for Legolas from Lord of the Rings...most of our friends know our vehicle by name.....I know it's goofy, but so are we and we love us!). Panda-Girl's favorite song is the one where Troy and Gabrielle sing sweetly the song that Ryan and Sharpay butcher with their outlandish personalities. I love them ALL! PP just saw on the news this morning that the sales have gone WAAAAAAYYYY over the top here in the states and it just hit England today. So funny that we get all hyped up over something so simple. Maybe Disney and Hollywood could take the hint and make MORE of these fun entertaining movies that don't promote sexuality at age five! I for one am going to enjoy all the fun this silly movie has to offer. Go wildcats!

2 comments:
When Daddy Spice and I went to the children's conference in Atlanta, one of their awesome children's programs, which included the parents, had a correographed (sp?) song and dance to the last song in HSM. I had seen it, but Daddy Spice had not. We were told to pay attention to what your "tweens" are watching, and incorporate it into what you can in children's ministry. Needless to say, their place was packed out!
I love that movie also. We have The Disney Chanel and I had no idea what HSM was either. I love the song they sing when the boys are playing basketball. The kids laugh so hard when that song comes on because I act so crazy.
Post a Comment