
This morning looking out my kitchen window (drinking my GRASS..m-m-mmmmm) I caught a glimpse of two yellowish leaves falling from the huge tree in my back yard. Now to those of you who are blessed to live in a place that actually gets to SEE the autumn leaves turn vivid colors, enjoy it. We here in Texas don't really have that privilege. Some parts of Texas do have trees that change colors, but for the most part we typically go from blazin' hot summer to a few cool days and the brown dead leaves fall off the tree. No gorgeous pile of colorful leaves to "fall" into. Only brown crispy crackly leaves that hurt. We had some rain at the end of summer so NOW they had enough nourishment to turn bright green. I am a born and raised true blue country girl Texan, but I long to see the places, first hand, with my own eyes, where the magnificence of the Creator of these leaves shows off His glory. I love autumn so much and the temp today is heavenly. I have the windows open with a cool breeze flowing through the house. I have already decorated with pumpkins and fall decor. I'm cooking pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight and I am happy to breathe. Ahhh...

5 comments:
That's why you need to come visit :) I thought of you when I was at Walgreens a couple of weeks ago. They had these cute pumpkin candle holders on sale, so I got a few to spruce up my living room~
OOOhhhh, pretty picture. I agree on this weather. Wonderful!!
Guess What!!!!!!
Our church has a pumpkin patch in October. You will have to come!!!!!!!!!!!!
More blog!! I want to read more!!
such a cool pic!
Post a Comment