Friday, September 22, 2006

I am humbled....



Wow. I am very humbled, but totally excited at the same time! My sweet friend at Glorious Grace is now a young woman working on her Master's Degree. The first time I met this little chickadee was in the fellowship hall of a church that we were attending and were later called to as the Youth Minister. She was singing at the TOP of her lungs, "Children of God we are marching to Zion!!!" The funny thing is that though she was being a total goofball she had an AMAZING voice! She was in 8th grade at the time. So much has happened since then. I knew that I liked her immediately and wanted to get to know her. Since she would give me Mother's Day cards and write beautiful poetry just for me I knew that I had some sort of influence on her. Later when she went to college I had to purposefully not treat her like a teenager anymore. She was growing into a far more spiritually minded woman than I was. Then when she moved so far away to work on her Master's at a seminary I began to think of her as a friend and not just "child" to me. We are twelve years apart, but we all know that age means nothing once we grow up. God places people in our path that are woven tightly into the tapestry of our lives. Jennifer is a thread that will forever be "entangled" ; ) with our family. We love her so much. The Lord has done wonders in her life and I can't wait to see what comes next. I love her very much. On the Girl Talk blog that I like so much, she wrote in to them about me and how I have been a mentor to her. Part of this blog's Book Club is to answer periodic questions they post about certain aspects of the books they are reading. Twelve Extraordinary Women is the current book. Much to my surprise Jennifer wrote about me. Go check it out. Not to bring any glory onto myself, but to show you how vitally important it is to live your life openly and honestly. You never know who is learning from you. The picture is of me, Jennifer and my best friend, Regina, (funderstorm on the links). We are at the wedding of Jennifer's best friend in summer 2005 and are very close to the bride as well. I always think that Regina has such eloquence in her words of wisdom. Her choice of words are so precise. She is genuinely a soul searching, gentle spirit. I on the other hand feel like....well, a dumb blonde! HA! A bumbling "geek" (mine and Jennifer's nickname for each other). Sure, I am growing in my faith, but never feel worthy of telling Jennifer anything of value. Goes to show what I know. I guess the Lord had other plans. He can use anyone to impact the lives of His children. Thank you, Lord. You are merciful.

4 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

That is so cool!! I went and read it. You will never forget that. What an honor.

JenLo said...

That is really awesome. Running right over to read it!

JenLo said...

Very WEIRD about the page loading thing! I get that too sometimes, with other Blogger pages I visit, but I haven't noticed it with yours. Maybe that's why people switch after a while. I would try the new Beta, but I think you lose your whole page look and I'd have to go with one of their template pages until I figured out how to recopy my own template. Hmmm.

Snow White said...

Jana - God is so good to give you such encouragement during this time. How many other girls have you touched in this way? Many I am sure. I love how God chose to validate you and His love for you in such a public way. I am reminded of the verse where children rise up and call her blessed. Here is one of your spiritual children doing that. You need to scrapbook this, so that Zoe and Hope can read this later on in their lives.
Love you and Miss you, Sues