Friday, September 08, 2006

Holding out HOPE


We are so excited and are looking forward to the next year and a half journey to our next daughter. We are going back to China to adopt baby #2. Almost two years ago Panda-Pop and I agreed that we both felt led to go back to China for a sister for Panda-Girl. We knew the timing was not right for then, but the time would come when God would give the green go-ahead. We started our paperwork last month, in August, and hope to travel to get her in 17-20mos from now. The paperwork and wait is horrible, but that's just the way it is and we have to deal with it. Every penny is going to have to come from the creative hand of God. He provided last time and we know He will do it again. From our journey to Panda-Girl and all the bumps in the road we have full confidence in God that His timing is absolutely perfect, no matter what WE might think the timetable should be. The Lord gave us a name at the time we decided to adopt again. We are naming our second daughter Angela Hope with part of her Chinese name as well. We will call her Hope. Angela is Panda-Pop's sister's name. Panda-Girl has no concept of the time-frame to her sister, but that doesn't stop her from praying for Hope (from here on out to be known as Panda-Baby!). She is planning all the many things that she will be able to teach her and do with her baby sister. So cute and sweet to listen to her precious prayers. Granted, when reality hits and the REAL sister rocks her world we'll see just how much "love" is around. HA! But, for now all three of us are gearing up for a long journey to our darling Hope. My sweet friend over at HunanSpice (who is in the same boat as us and going back for #2 along with us-different agency) gave me this Demdaco figurine the says, "Hope lifts us up." for my birthday. I love it so much. Most of you know Panda-Girl's real name and to have my daughters both with names that carry such eternal meanings is a bit overwhelming to me seeing as how there was a time when I thought I'd never have any children. Thank you, sweet Lord for your blessings. We are holding out Hope.

4 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Yay, baby Hope!! Daddy Spice is not in any hurry to name Baby Spice yet. I threw out a new name this morning because it is an old song he always sings, but who knows.

BTW, I'm ready for fall too!! So much time spent on heat here. We relish the short times of pleasant weather and beauty.

Funderstorm said...

His ways are higher than our ways. Thinking back and reminiscing through scrapbooks where you and Panda-Pop are koving on Prince D...I always knew the day would come for you because you are both so full of love...it overflows into your child(ren's) life(ves). I can't wait to meet her and am still hoping God will decide to give me my own China doll.

Mary said...

Congratulations!! Isn't it just the best feeling in the world to know you are moving in the direction of your daughter? Angela Hope is a beautiful name!

JenLo said...

That is just so awesome to know the name of the little person coming to your house. You guys are going to be so blessed -- AND I love those Willow Tree figurines (I have the Nativity set that I totally love).