Friday, May 04, 2007

MOPS!




I had the MOST amazing morning yesterday!!! I knew that there had to be something "out there" to help moms with these little ones we love so dearly, but didn't really know or have access to anything (besides books). My new church has a MOPS group. It was heaven on earth! Soooooo fun, girly, froo-froo, laid-back and spirit-filled! Just my cup 'o tea! This was the next to last meeting, but I am most assuredly joining this group of mothers of preschoolers next fall. I NEED this! What a blessing. There were decorated tables, a huge breakfast/brunch spread, a darling craft with a really cool picture charm bracelet to make, devotional from our pastor's wife, a speaker on prayer from Moms InTouch International , lots of laughing, sharing, praying and getting to know other moms in my same boat all while the kids are in their own playtime. Three hours of glorious fun! What a needed respite. I feel like it is a huge present that God just put in my lap. Thank you, Lord. One thing I learned from yesterday was to write a letter to my daughter on Mother's Day telling her how much I love being her mother and why I am blessed by her. Instead of expecting a great present or to be treated like a queen on Mother's Day we can turn the focus back on our children. Just another act of love.


Some of you have asked about the fruit pizza. That makes me laugh that you think it was complicated! LOL ; )...all I did was smush out a large roll of refrigerated Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, bake it on a pizza pan until lightly browned, let it cool, spread some Cool Whip on top, then place your favorite fruit on top. Delish! (The original pizza had frosting on it, but we thought that was waaaaay too sweet with the cookie and the fruit.) Enjoy!

13 comments:

Funderstorm said...

I'm thrilled for you. This makes going through the fire that much sweeter. Enjoy. Love the pizza, too.

Glorious Expressions said...

This group is 'just what the Doctor ordered!"

;-)~~~~~~~~~

THEE GREAT PHYSICIAN! Thrilled 4 U.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Its ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!hahaha I'm on my 7th year and still have many more to go.... MOPS has been more than a blessing to me- undescribable! I am sooooooo glad you have one there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

What a blessing!

JenLo said...

I used to go to MOPS too!! So glad you found this great group!!!

Mommy Spice said...

We have a MOPS group, but I'm not able to attend, as they meet on Wednesday nights, and I'm doing my church thing. Anyway, I'm so excited for you.

We're leaving tomorrow, so I'll catch up later next week.

Unknown said...

Glad you found that group. It sounds fantastic..Have a great weekend

Miss May said...

Glad to see you're back. I'm very, very, very happy for you. =)

Kim said...

I'm so happy for you! That MOPS meeting sounds so encouraging! I hope you meet some wonderful new friends!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I always wished there had been a group like that for me when my kids were younger!! Hope everything is going great for yall! Tell Wayne-O hello from us!!

redmaryjanes said...

I am so happy that you found a wonderful group to join at your new church!

Steffie B. said...

Lucky you....it is a wonderful group to belong too! ;)

Becky said...

I just LOVE MOPS - so glad you were able to connect with a group! Also, do keep Moms In Touch in the back of your mind when PG is school-age. I lead a group for my daughter's elementary school, and it's a wonderful ministry!