Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #16-Where We Are



Thirteen Things I Love About Our New City, Church and Home

1. Our church so totally ROCKS! I am so excited to get plugged in and get to know even more people, find the ministries in which the Lord wants to use and grow me, and start new ministries.

2. I love that I can look out most of my home windows and see the lake with ducks, a crane and turtles, plus all the birds that play around us and the amazing sky filled with pure beauty.

3. The public library is huge and half of it is BRAND NEW!

4. PandaPop and I have an enormous walk-in-closet which is wonderful after living in a parsonage (church owned home) for three years where my few hangers had to turn slightly sideways just to fit in with the closet door shut while the rest of the clothes found homes in plastic bins or stuffed in drawers.

5. Two-car garage.

6. Target is right across the street!

7. Most any store or restaurant is at our fingertips.

8 PandaGirl has adjusted amazingly well. Thank you, Lord.

9. We have two little girls adopted from China at our church and PG is right in the middle of their ages.

10. PandaPop is thoroughly enjoying his position as Children's Pastor and getting to know the parents and students.

11. I have been so opposed to public school after working in them, watching as the state tests have completely taken over and the behavior problems just get worse, but the schools here are apparently VERY good and well-spoken of. That makes me less leary of public school.

12. Our new couch, patina mirror, new kitchen towels, new red cups, new drinking glasses, new bathroom stuff (and TWO bathrooms!), best new master bedspread EVER!!!

13. After serving in several churches over the past 15 years (and making many friends along the way), THIS place seems to fit us like a glove. We are at complete peace that we are where the Lord lead us. This is home now. We hope to finally be able to dig in deep and let the roots grow for awhile. Thank you for the endless blessings, Lord.

I just added this pic because it is so cute to me. I used to love to match mine and PG's clothes alot when she was younger, but when PandaPop and PandaGirl came out in this duo I just had to click! You are darling my loves!!

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

They are darling!! I'm so glad it is going so well for you in your new place! As a minister's wife myself, I know what a blessing that really is!

Jinglebritches said...

It is so great to hear how much you are enjoying your new place!!! God is good.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

I can't even begin to express how happy I am for you! Also, great picture!!!!!!!!!!

jen said...

too funny- no I wasn't witholding info on Monday. I just found out on Tuesday afternoon. :)

Anonymous said...

Target right across the street!! Be ready, I'm moving in! haha

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your new church is just awsome! We have started going to a new church and love it! We fit right in. Started with a small group our first Sunday there! We would love to come and visit yall! We all miss you, Wayne-O and PG very much!
Love you guys.

redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad that everything is working out so well for you all! It sounds perfect!

Steffie B. said...

So glad you are doing well!

Mommy Spice said...

I'm so glad you guys are loving it. I can't wait to get out there and see your place!!

Nikki said...

It really does sound like you have come HOME! So glad for your sweet family...love the pic too!