In the picture above (April 2003) I am quite giddy that I was able to capture a kodak moment with someone I think is walking what she talks....Beth Moore. For those of you who have done her Bible Studies...enough said. You get it. If you have never heard of her or have never had the opportunity to study God's Word in her style of teaching then you are missing out on an enormous blessing. There is no doubt that God set this woman apart to be a teacher of His Word. She so rocks! When we served at a church just outside of Houston, Texas for a couple of years I was so blessed to be able to drive into Houston for a semester for her Tuesday Night Bible Study with some coworkers. It changed my life. Not only were the studies incredibly awesome, but I was under Beth's direct teaching (along with a couple thousand other women!) She has prayed over me personally about infertility and I love how she is so personable and approachable. She would be the FIRST to say not to "camp out" with her by only doing her studies. She would also beg you not to be a "Beth Worshipper". Beth constantly points out her own flaws and points her students to worship the One True God.
On HER BLOG she showed us where she has her own time alone with God. Before having a daughter I had "quiet times" (time alone with God in prayer, worship, etc) very consistently and greatly enjoyed journaling my thoughts. Once the little one came along, that routine flew right out the window! It is a challenge to MAKE the time to rejuvenate with my Maker, but it is so worth it when I do. I am by no means consistent right now. I want to get back to that place, though. Back to the LPM Blog....Beth asked us to post where our favorite spot is to get away from it all and spend time with God. This wasn't to condemn anyone for NOT having a quiet time, but rather to see where other "sistas" were spending time. If you have a special place, take a picture of it and share it with us. If your special place is in the shower, please refrain from posting those pics! LOL! Maybe by posting yours, someone else might be motivated to make time to spend with God. He is waiting for us!
Since moving to our new home over a week ago, I have found that I get up early on purpose so that I can enjoy some quiet, alone time with my worship music, my Bible, my journal and the beautiful lake outside. I relish this time now. Yes, you do see a CD player. I still don't have an iPod, so I have to use this archaic form of musical interlude. HA! Thank God I live where I can freely worship Him. Can't wait to see your spot!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Memory Lane Monday #7-Time with God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I will have to work on that! Thank you for inspiring me. I'm turning 40 next month and I have been reflecting these past few days. I feel panicked that I am not doing enough to serve our Lord. I feel like I need to make some changes....I'm starting to make a list.
My life has been changed God through Beth's ministry too!
Blessings,
Sue
Thank you, I would love to be added to your links, that is so sweet. I still have yet to put that together for my blog!
Making time for God is definitly one of my biggest things to work on. It just seems we get so caught up with school, sports, family, friends and other activities that we forget to pray, get involved in Blble study, or do self-devotions. This post really helped me realize I need to get my thoughts back on track- thanks! :)
**So glad you are still lovin the new house!
Love it! You have such a fun blog. The name alone is so cool. I think our cats could be related.
Love Beth too but because she always is pointing the glory back to Him. Glad you are enjoying your new home...what a beautiful lake to look at!
Loved seeing your space for your time with God, with a view like that - wow! looks also like you have already made your house your "home" very quickly!
Again you had me laughing out loud at the shower comment!! :)
So excited about mops and your new place.yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know panda-mom, I used to be so diligent with my "TAWG" time (Time alone with God). But lately, even before I have Lauren here, I have slacked off. My spirit can feel it too. Thanks for inspiring me to rekindle my fire by spending time alone with my best friend. I'm sure He has been saying, "I miss my time with you."
Thanks Panda-Mom!!
Your spot looks great, CD player and all! :)
Post a Comment