Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Common Thread


Last night I was so blessed to have dinner at the home of my new friend, our pastor's wife. Along with her were all the other staff wives. Any other minister's wife reading this blog will totally "get it"....how amazing this kind of connection is. Just as with any line of vocation there are characteristics and a way of life unique to that particular job. Being a minister's wife has is own unique joys, blessings and downfalls. We all can connect in a way that is common for each of us. PandaPop and I have never served on staff at a church where the staff wives met on a regular basis or at all. Our five year jaunt in Arlington was the closest thing, but there were only three of us and we are all still very close even to this moment. One is my best friend and the other is a mentor. Other than that it was like pulling teeth at our past TWO churches to get the staff wives together. Last night, however, we had the BEST time learning how we all met our husbands, what areas we are gifted in spiritually and just plain old laid back girl chit-chat over an amazing dinner that our pastor's wife had prepared for us. We know that our lives are very busy and to get all of us together again will be a task, but we know it will be well worth the effort. I think we all had a great time and look forward to getting to know each other better over the years. One of the other wives has only been at the church for a couple of months and me, just a week. The others have a bit more tenure, though I am not the young one anymore! I am smack in the middle of these women. Oh no! Does that mean I'm middle-aged?! AHHHH! Not yet, not at 36 anyway. Whew!
Thanks everyone for a blessed evening! ; )



9 comments:

Phat Girl said...

I am so excited you are having a great time meeting the members of your new church. It's hard at times being the "new kid on the block", but it seems you are surrounded with good friends already! This is Great Blessing for you!
PandaMom, Are there any cute available Single men at your new church? (I always have to ask!)
I am thinking about finding a new church in my area--I am the only Single Female in my church by at least 15 years. I want to find a church where there is an active Single's group, but I do not like being the new kid. :)
Congrat again on your new church. I love watching friends follow the path God has chosen for them!

Phat Girl said...

HipHipHooray! PandaMom is close to me! This is a blessing! I live in Allen! We should meet for lunch one day! :)
I might come check out the church this month..depending on what's happening in my youth group on Sunday's. I'm one of the teenage Youth Sponsor's...and they keep us pretty busy! I will let you know when I will visit. My email address is blueeyecajunred@yahoo.com. Let's chat! :)

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Isn't this just great! You look like you have been there forever!!!! I am so happy for you- I think ya'll made a really good choice- it makes all the difference when you get connected immediately doesn't it or when you are really received well.. I just love your blog!!!!!!

Elise said...

What a great way to connect with the other wives...looks like you gals had a great time! Can't wait to hear how God uses you at your new church.

Mama Darling said...

These ladies will really be blessed by your friendship, too. I am so glad things are working out well for you. We really missed you and PandaGirl yesterday. Give PG a hug from us!

jen said...

hey- you are so sneaky! the mark of a great blogger...taking pictures of everything! (even the food) :)

I stole that photo off the blog- it turned out really nice!

Mardi said...

So glad to hear you had a nice evening with new friends. :)

redmaryjanes said...

Good for you, that your new community has their arms wide open. You all are going to love your new home and friends.

Kim said...

How wonderful!!!

Kim