
This week I was thrown back in time to the 80's commercial from Wendy's hamburger joint and their famous marketing strategy of "Where's the Beef?". For you young'uns out there, in order to appreciate the humor in this, you have to had seen these hilarious commericials of the little old lady barking out in a rough 40-year-smoker's-voice, "Where's the BEEF?" when she discovered her burger's meat volume was almost nil. I felt her pain this week in my own kitchen. My mom had made some tub cookies a couple of weeks ago that were sooooo yummy and she informed me that they were new at WalMart in the little tubs. I can down anything with sugar and chocolate in very large amounts. Love it. Ususally eating several cookies at a time is my downfall. I wasn't stupid to think that these cookies were low in fat or calories, but I DID try to follow the serving size on the tub and bake what a normal size cookie should be. HA! I scooped out the suggested "rounded teaspoon", placed it on the pan and baked. The final product was less than desirable. The teeny-weeny little spot of sugar and flour that came out was nothing like what we call a cookie serving in Texas. The next batch I made OUR size...realizing of course, that we are eating a meal's worth of calories in one cookie now. I wonder why we can't lose weight?

17 comments:
I totally remember that commercial...to funny.
Those BIG cookies look very yummy, I also have a sweet tooth and it seems I have passed it on to my daughter as well. She wakes up in the morning asking for candy. (don't worry, I don't let her eat it for breakfast.)
Isn't that always the case? One of my favorite things to eat is ice cream! I absolutely LOVE it. I can never buy it & keep it at home. I try only eating the serving size, but by the end of the night I would have eaten 3 times that amount!
You are Your Cookie pictures!!!!!
I WANT some cookies! Big ,Little tiny- whatever- this makes me so hungry for them!
I meant AND your cookie pics...
I'll take the big one....worry about the calories later! YUM:)
First of all, totally remember "Where's the beef?" I can even hear the old lady's voice.
Second of all, give me the big cookie! Otherwise I would eat 20 of the little ones.
Your size cookie is my idea of a cookie! If I make small cookies, I'm just fooling myself. I will just eat more of them! :)
Well, you know what they say --"everything is bigger in Texas!!" :-)
I would like to help you with your diet by eating those cookies. My mouth literally started watering like Pavlov's dog...
As long as a cookie is smaller than your head, I think it's OK to eat. Just my opinion.
Why does portion control have to mean bird size!
I would have done the bigger cookie too! They look good! :)
I LOVE big soft chewy cookies! Those tiny ones just don't cut it! :)
Wonderful post..Its so nice to be officially waiting now..YOur blog really is an encouragement
I remember that commercail too! We like big cookies at our house too! ;)
I loved that lady! I'll take some cookies-any size will do.
Hey,
Found you through 2 other blogs it was great to catch up on all your activities sounds great may try to do this sounds like fun.
okay i made one i am sooooo excited check it out ladybugflying
okay 3rd try: 1st I wasn't logged in. 2nd I commented to my own blog now 3rd time is charm. Where did you move to? nessatx@tx.rr.com email me. We are in Arlington I-30 and Cooper we go to Fellowship in Grapevine. Met Lisa Welchel how cool. Saw the reunion of MRBC friends Wow Drew looks like Regina. Jared didn't remember him but Ryan did Your baby is so cute. Makes me want a girl!!!!!
Post a Comment