After a few days of fast food or whatever was left over at home we decided to have our first meal in our new home be a good healthy one. Thank God for microwavable everything...we had meatloaf, buttered corn and broccoli...great treat after all that junk we had eaten.
For dessert (and to keep in tradition with our regular Friday night slumber party!) we made a fruit pizza.
Miao discovering the new fireplace.Hopefully he'll not go in there with FIRE next winter....I think that would use up all of his 9 lives in one shot!
From our very first home together (ELEVEN moves ago!!!) this little bluebird has found his home on a window in our kitchen or living area. I never intended for this to happen, but it is kinda nice to see that he has lasted this long
PandaGirl had the priviledge of placing our gingerbread family on our doorstep. She always loves placing the "family" in respective places, i.e., daddy facing work; mommy and baby going to the store, etc.
Our stunning new patina mosaic mirror from Pier 1 that I am totally in LOVE with!
You can tell that Miao has really had a tough time adjusting to his new home...wink. ; )
Though we are living in an apartment it is the BEST place we have ever lived. The lay out of the apartment is great and huge, plus we have a two car garage, a pool and no mowing!! This beautiful lake is right outside my bedroom kitchen and dining room windows. Amazing! I wake up to the sun shining on the water, with several mallard ducks swimming by quietly. I really think we are going to like it here!
And now for the Thursday Thirteen!

How to Move in 13 Easy Steps!
1. The night before your move, TOSS & TURN and get no real REM sleep. This helps the next day.
2. With what little sleep you do get, have REALLY bad bizzare-o dreams that freak you out.
3. The day of the initial move get into a big fat fight with your spouse over what boxes and things get to travel in the car and not in the moving truck....all in front our your four year old child.
4. Notice that at the BOTTOM of the huge stack of large boxes in the living room there is your box clearly labeled, "CAR ONLY!" "FRAGILE!".
5. Once all items are in the two vehicles which will be arriving at the new home first, start the 45 minute drive out by following your spouse since he can't see out his back window and watch in fear as he hits the curb going up on two wheels, freaking out the van next to him. Call him to find out that he had a mondo SNEEZE that caused him to accidentally turn the wheel causing the whole commotion.
6. Now that you are frazzled just a bit get on into the heavy traffic of a metropolitan area and view a massive wreck of a crunched up truck which JUST wrecked a few seconds or minutes earlier than your own car driving by.
7. A mile or two down the road, with your nerves now edgy from the last scene, slam on your brakes so that you don't hit all the other vehicles slamming on their own brakes trying to avoid a huge, oh let's say 8 foot, carpet roll that fell off a delivery guy's truck right on the highway.
8. For lunch swing by a fast food restaurant (AGAIN!) and bang your knee smack into the table leg. This will help you bring in boxes later.
9. Whew! Now time for beddy-bye...put in those EAR PLUGS due to the upstairs neighbor's loud party music while his parents are away.....until 2:00AM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This place is NOT supposed to be this way!)
10. Here's a good one!...since you just purchased a contract with Direct TV a few months prior to your move you can cancel it for a FINE since the satelite dish can't face south in your new place causing you to have to go with cable.
11. Since you are now in your new home, the unpacking and decorating begins. Let your four year old child REALLY start to grate on your nerves by asking 100 times for you to play with them. This makes you really feel like a GREAT parent.
12. Be friendly to your new neighbors. Meet their pets, even. I met our neighbor's dog, Bailey. A quite large African Ridgeback who liked PandaGirl and apparently my crotch. Yes, she sniffed it while I was meeting her owner....a man. Yeah, this one was a great howdy-do.
13. And finally, to make your new move just as special as possible make sure to change your clothes, ALL of them, in the privacy of your new spacious bedroom.....only remember to CLOSE THE WINDOW BLINDS of your child's room across the hall!!!!!!!!

20 comments:
Oh I just laughed out loud at these!!!! Just over a few months ago, it was the same for us, and I remember saying to my husband "I taped the boxes the RIGHT WAY UP, FOR....A.....REASON.!!!!"
Glad you have got moved okay and seem to be settling in well. LOVE the view from your window and a pool...what a bonus! Also LOVE the mirror.
And about meeting the neighbours....if it is any consolation, the first time we met our neighbour (he is also the "president" of the building) was when I had to sheepishly tell him I dropped my keys down the shaft of the lift! Off to a great start!!!
Welcome back! I missed ya!
Your new view is Beautiful! God will bless you in your new home! Have fun unpacking!
That picture of the lake outside is AWESOME.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly where you're at now... I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure.
This was a VERY nice laugh first thing in the morning. I can't wait to see your new place in person - just from the pictures it looks beautiful.
I LAUGHED OUT LOUD because I can hear every inflection you meant!! And I know you WELL. The view is amazing...what a way to be reminded of new mercies every day. Miao cracks me up!!! Love the 13. Classic. Anyone who has ever moved can relate to at least a few. Love you. Happy for you. Blessings on your new home as you serve the Lord there.
LOL!
I love the picture of your lake. Beautiful! I also think I'm going to have to make a trip to Pier 1. Love that mirror.
Yay! You're back! I love all the details of your move. The fruit pizza looked yummy. I love your new mirror, and your view, awesome. Can't wait to come see in person.
I'm so glad that you are all loving your new place. Your new community is going to adore you!
How awesome!!!!!!!! Everything went real well as it Looks like home already!!!!!!!! You are terriffic! My 2 car garage is filled up with all of our boxes so when we move to whereever we are going to live on a more perman. basis- I won't have to re-pack as much- Guess you know that wasn't the best idea- especially since we have been here 10 months living out of boxes!!!!!!!I am still afraid to unpack- thinking that will be when we would have to move again(can you tell moving 6 people got to me??) So GOOD GIRL to you!!!!!!!!!!
Oooo..you crack me up!
So glad to hear you love the new place! It sounds and looks wonderful! I totally love that mirror as well...totally funky! :) Glad your back in bloggy world...we missed ya!
Yes!! PandaMom is back! I've missed the posts. LOVE that mirror! :)
Thanks for the how-to on moving.
SO......things are pretty much normal, right?
Your blogs are great. I love reading them, they sound just like what you would say in person. We miss ya'll. Hope to come visit soon.
You are so funny. I am still smiling , actually. I have a big dog, so I well know the embarrassment of having her get "too friendly" with strangers. Hope your neighbor was sufficiently embarrassed - =0
glad to hear things went well =o) missed you!! We are LID!!
You have to make that fruit pizza when we come visit! Your apt. looks great! Glad your back on the blog and getting settled in. We'll see you Monday!....Just kidding, but it sure would be nice.
Thanks for the great tips! I'll be sure to remember them when we move in 3 1/2 weeks!
Welcome back...I have missed you! So happy to hear you are adjusting to your new home. The lake picture was beautiful! Can you post the recipe to your fruit pizza? (or email me) I think I have two girls here that would LOVE it! ;)
I'm glad the move went well! The new place sounds great! I'm glad you had a healthy delicious meal!
Thanks for updating. I hope everyone adjusts well!
I'll be praying~
Kim
Your Thursday 13 list totally cracked me up -- although I am quite sure you weren't finding it funny until AFTERWARDS!
Love the new place...seems like a dream!
Also, very glad to hear about the MOPS group -- you are already settling in at your new church, that is wonderful!
Your view is marvelous!! I guess your new neighbors may be saying the same thing! :) hehehe.
Post a Comment