skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thursday Thirteen #17-I Never Thought I'd...

Growing up I Never Thought I'd...
1. ...live in a metropolitan area. I haven't lived in my "hometown" since 1993. I love being in the Metroplex where everything is just at my fingertips and there is ALWAYS something new to explore!
2. ...eat mushrooms, onions & bell peppers. Love 'em in everything!!
3. ...devour guacamole!!!!!!!!! I was 29 years old before I liked the stuff. Now I make THE BEST EVER!
4. ...ever need to lose so much weight! ARGH! (it's probably too much of that guac! LOL!)
5. ...not be able to get pregnant. I used to stick pillows in my shirt and look in the mirror to see how cute I'd look pregnant. Oh well. At least I missed the yuckie parts of being pregnant that no one likes to mention. Whew!
6. ...be married to a minister. It never crossed my mind until right before I met my hubby! Now with the ups and downs of the "vocation", I can see that the "calling" is from the Lord and He has blessed us so much.
7. ...be on the complete other side of the world walking on the Great Wall of China....and..um let's see...what else? OH!ADOPTING MY DARLING DAUGHTER FROM THERE TOOOOOOOO! (Along with this has to be all the blessings I have experienced through PandaGirl being in our life just from herself, meeting other adoptive families, and the whole Chinese culture).
8. ...have a cell phone attached to my body all the time. I am so scared that if there is an emergency that I won't be able to call for help! What did we do before these crazy things???
9. ...cut my hair...up to my ears! Until ten years ago my hair was to my rear and pretty much looked like Barbie's. When I was getting it cut, up to my ears, I started heaving and bawling in the salon chair while the stylist was getting very worried about me and the whole situation. PandaPop had to hold me up while walking out to the car and I literally cried for about 48 hours STRAIGHT! It might sound crazy, but it was my identity and when it was gone it was like a death to me. Stupid, I know, but very real at the time. It didn't take long after that to get used to my cute short hair. I am just now starting to grow it out again just for a change. It actually is almost touching my shoulders! Big woop.
10. ...attend college at Baylor University. I was always a Texas Aggie fan, but grew up in Waco and ended up at Baylor. Very glad about that.
11. ...have so many amazing friendships all over the world! Being in the ministry and attending several churches where PandaPop has been on staff has allowed me the opportunity to make some wonderful lifelong friendships.
12. ...be completely addicted to my computer for this crazy blog-o-sphere! I remember the very FIRST time I saw someone else's computer "talking to network" to hook up for the internet. I thought it was the coolest most futuristic thing ever!
13. ...be a full blown Trekkie! PandaPop and I have watched these for MANY years and are so addicted to Star Trek that we record it constantly (well, that is until we lost our Direct TV since the satelite won't work on our apartment!). One of my most favorite sounds in the world is the hum of the bridge on The Next Generation's Enterprise and on Voyager. We even had two cats named Worf and Geordi named after Next Generation characters! Too funny....we are geeks and love it! ; )
4 comments:
Oh girlfriend- we should go out to eat together! Yum!
My hubby was a children's pastor too. Ministry sure does have it's ups and downs, but God give the grace to do what He's called you to do.
I never liked guac either until I got pregnant with my 3rd baby. Ever since then, I can't get enough of it! You've GOT to share your great recipe!!
When we went to Vegas I got to sit in the Captain's chair. Jeff was so upset that I made him be My #2. I need to upload that photo and share it with you. Star Trek is so much fun :)
I love guacamole too!
This might be too much like what you just posted, but I just tagged you to list 8 things about yourself that we might not know... =)
Post a Comment