Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In Case You're Curious...






Just in case you always wanted to know what the President's Ranch in Crawford looks like, you can get a glimpse today. No matter your views on George W. Bush our country is certainly covered in prayer because of his family's Christian values and the many Christians who do support him. I grew up just a few miles from his Crawford ranch in Texas. In fact, my high school used the play the Crawford Pirates in sports events. My cousin did all of the welding on the wrought iron fencing that encompasses the whole ranch and he has his picture with ol' George in their work clothes! Love it! When all the media hoopla started over his ranch I just had to laugh, because Crawford is a little town in the middle of nowhere! My parents live close to it and now my in-laws have land very close to the ranch. Saturday we went to "see" his ranch. HA! As you can tell from the pics below there is NO getting even close to his home. There's no American flags blowing in the breeze. No huge presidential signs. No welcome banners. Just a big STOP barricade. There IS a little house area close to the property with all kinds of satelites and antennaes with all kinds of government looking vehicles. Probably Secret Service stuff.

Apparently, George and Laura have made a point to have their ranch as eco friendly as possible. They have planted GOBS of trees, orchards and other plant life and have the best kind of energy efficient "stuff" as possible. Very earth friendly ranch. Even after the STOP sign the ranch is another mile or so down the road, so no goofballs like us can get into any trouble!


10 comments:

Snow White said...

How fun! hope you are doing well. would love to go see the barricade with you some time. smile.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

AHhhhhh, that brings back memories!!! You wouldn't believe what a difference it is to live here(amazingly they call themselves Southerners?? What the heck is that?- are we NOT as far East(US) as it goes???) Any way & regards/respect for the President is by the wayside as well- they just don't have that"connection" that the Heart of Texas folks have being right there with him and all- hahaha

Patriot Girl said...

Hey i'm going to be in your neck of the woods later this month. I have to pic up a bridesmaid dress. Would love to see you and panda girl. When they call me and tell me the dress is actually in we can plan more. LOVE YOU MISS YOU! Glad tos ee everything is going great!

JenLo said...

We WERE curious! thanks for sharing!

Mommy Spice said...

You are hilarious. I can totally see you trying to snap these pics.

JEff said...

I am going to email you, but just in case you are curious, I am trying to get your husband to write for me! He needs to hurry up and finish the application! How random is this?

Kristen OQ said...

I didn't know you grew up near Crawford? I lived in Waco part of middle school/high school. Actually Woodway/Midway was our area and school system.

Whenever we had friends visit my parent's house after he became president, they always wanted to go and see THE ranch. Always a disappointment when the closest you can get is a barricade and a coffee shop!

Kristen OQ said...

It is a SMALL world! I can't believe you grew up there.

I know Stephanie M. from childhood. We were VERY best friends in Kindergarten (we were neighbors then and lived in Ft. Worth at the time). We stayed friends this whole time and visited each other often!

Hope you are enjoying your new home.

Mardi said...

Even though it doesn't show the actual ranch house, it's still kinda cool to see the area! Thanks for the pics!! :)

elizabeth said...

OK, I take a little offense at the "middle of nowhere" statement! ;)

I shook Georgie's hand the night before the first election and got to witness him nominating Colin Powell as Sec. of State at the Crawford Elementary gym. Pretty cool seeing Andrew Card, GWB, Colin Powell, and Dick Cheney standing together! We always know when he is in town because of the fighter jets zooming over us.