Sunday, February 11, 2007

Toward A Growing Marriage Conference




We had a wonderfully refreshing time on Saturday at the Toward A Growing Marriage Conference led by Dr. Gary Chapman. We have never gone to a marriage enrichment ANYthing, but I have always wanted to. Our best friends were signed up to go so we decided to tag along! We hardly ever get to see them, so we LOVED getting together for this fun event. PandaPop and I have worked very hard to have a good marriage. Only by the Grace that God freely gives can we boast. If it were left up to us we would have messed things up a long time ago, but He sees to it that we WORK at making our marriage the best it can be on a continual basis. We learned on Saturday that in order to keep things fresh and in perspective that we should plan on attending one marriage enrichment event at least ONCE a year for the rest of our life. Dr. Gary Chapman is an experienced, knowledgable and God-ordained man who has a wealth of information to better your marriage. If you have never heard of The Five Love Languages or any of his other writings then I implore you to search him out. I am thankful EVERYDAY for my best friend. I love PandaPop. A good marriage doesn't just happen. It takes lots of prayer, humility, team-work and for us...LOTS of laughter. We are blessed.

12 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

May I please steal that picture of you and Funderstorm? Yes? OK, thanks.

Beckyb said...

How true are those words - good marriages take LOTS of time!! I am sure that is an awesome conference as he is a powerful author. We've also been to a few marriage conferences but it's been a few years now - I would love to go again.

Jinglebritches said...

Hey!! How about the end of this month for a visit? The conference sounded nice. 25 years and counting for us. It does take work, but a good marriage is priceless.(and fun)

Mommy Spice said...

We had a table set up at church today for a marriage conference in June. I picked up a pamphlet because it's been so long since we've been to one.

Mary said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend your day! We have been married 16 years and together for 20! Marriage is not easy, but well worth the work and time. Thanks for sharing!

Sheryl said...

I love to do things like that. Take time out, just to work on your marriage. I haven't been to one of his conference but we've been to several convenant marriage conferences. Love Em!

Sheryl said...

Hey! You got the song to come up! I LOVE this song! In fact, I love this whole CD!

JenLo said...

SO Jealous! I love Gary Chapman. On a completely unrelated note, Friday night I had this very detailed dream about you and PandaPop, that you had driven all the way from TX to NY to meet my family and you went to our church and not only did you have PandaGirl in tow but also 3 foster children (at least one was a boy). Then all of a sudden, me & my fam were at your house and your church. Too weird. It was so realistic.

Steffie B. said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Hubby and I need to go to one too. I'm sure you had a wonderful time. And how nice you got to spend time with close friends as well! ;)

Phat Girl said...

I am so glad the Panda's had a wonderful time! PandaMom, you are such a beautiful person!! Congrats on a God filled Marriage.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Don't cut your hair! I was shocked- you may have lost 20lbs, with your hair like that you look way thin & young. Great pics!

Ashley said...

Love the pic of you and Funderstorm. Glad y'all had fun!