Several nights ago PandaPop introduced a new "game" to us. Before PandaGirl goes to bed we always read books, pray and sing. Well, now we are going to be doing our new Share Game. It is so simple yet the benefits are everlasting. All we do is take a turn to tell each other two things:
1. How did I see God today?
2. What did I enjoy most about today?
It precious watching PG think about her answer and the original things shes says are straight from her heart. I think this new time is going to produce lots of good memories for our family. Every night since we started PG is the first one to ask and make sure that we are going to do "that new game". We'll see what happens...

8 comments:
Very cool. I will have to keep this in mind for when we have Lauren.
What a great idea. I have heard of people doing "high and low", as in What was the highlight/low point of your day...but I like your version better, more positive and God-centred.
How neat. The blessing of raising one child @ a time- that one on one stuff.=)
Once my kids got to school age, it was hard for me to get them to tell me about their day. I started asking - "what was your favorite thing that happened today" AND "what happened today that you didn't like". It's amazing the answers they come up with!
I'll have to try this. The same routine has gotten a little hum-drum. S.G. would rather skip prayer time and go straight to songs. I don't like that, but how do you get a 4 year old to understand the importance of our prayer time? This I will have to try.
This is very sweet. Great Memories will be formed!
You all do the neatest things as a family! What a special way to end the day.
Every Sunday in class the class starts with my version of your question. I ask,"How did you see God last week?" and we share.
Post a Comment