Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6



13 Signs Spring is on Its Way!!!


1. PandaGirl got to play in the back yard today in almost 80 degree weather

2. We bought a new ball to play with

3. I opened up the windows to get fresh air in and the stuffy sick air OUT of the house!

4. Teeny-tiny buds are popping up on the tree limbs

5. All the fun Easter stuff is on the shelves (albeit some stores did this at Thanksgiving! HA!)

6. I am really getting tired of being cooped up in a stuffy house even though I'm a homebody at heart

7. I want to go buy a kite and be ready for a picnic next month

8. Though we are all sick around here there is a sense of freedom and freshness just around the corner

9. Every park we pass, PG wants to go play

10. In Texas it is a big deal to take "bluebonnet pictures" in March/April. We are proud of these little beauties and everyone sticks their kids in the middle of them on the side of the highway for pictures. We missed the opportunity last year so we HAVE to do some this year.



11. Putting away my leather boots and getting new fun flip flops!

12. New life comes with spring. New things around the bend for our family.

13. The anticipation is growing in me to watch PandaGirl discover more new things about the amazing creation God has given us. The simplicity of a dandelion is magic to a four year old. Welcome Spring.




  • Find Banner HERE
  • 14 comments:

    Beckyb said...

    Oh man - you are ready for spring/summer!! On the other hand, in Iowa - we're bracing for another winter storm this weekend!!!

    Mama Darling said...

    The last two days have been wonderful! I'm with PG...Let's go to the park!

    redmaryjanes said...

    I'm glad that things are warming up a bit there. How long until it gets to Michigan?

    Much Ado said...

    Wow, this post makes me want to have a picnic and go fly a kite! Love the Chinese New Year pics too!

    Jinglebritches said...

    Hey, love you 13's
    I emailed you twice and both time it failed. What gives?

    Jinglebritches said...

    Spring? What Spring? We won't have spring for another month or so. We got up to 40 the other day and the school kids all got out their shorts and flip flops. Thats spring in Minnesota. Ha!! (c:

    Eston said...

    Have you had music the whole time on here- since the upgrade I mean?

    Eston said...

    I just posted as Eston- but you know who's asking! I am trying to get him a blog set up as well!

    Sheryl said...

    Amen to that sister! Spring is on it's way and it is welcomed with open arms! ps the pictures are simply beautiful!

    Steffie B. said...

    Oh I am sooooo ready for spring, but us Michiganders have a while to go I'm afraid! :(

    Nikki said...

    Oh, I wish spring was in the air here too!
    I am feeling much like a caged animal these days.
    I wanna go play at the park too!!!!

    Kim said...

    awwww....this was a great list!
    It is gorgeous here,too!

    Enjoy!
    Kim

    Stephanie said...

    I so miss the bluebonnets! That was one of our yearly traditions with Caleb. I've been tempted to find some seeds and plant them in our backyard. Don't know if that is allowed though.

    Mardi said...

    I love spring and opening my windows and letting in that wonderful spring air. Aghhh. breath it in.

    Beautiful pictures!