Yes, this is a venting post. Before I even delve into this subject I have to preface with the fact the my own daughter's fourth birthday was all about "The Princesses" and she was Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I adore the movie, because it was my first date with PandaPop. Hear me....I am NOT ranting about the whole cartoon scene nor about princesses. I love all that. I believe that all females are born with a desire to be beautiful to someone because God put that kind of longing in us to want HIM. He is the King of kings and woos us to His heart. But the illustrators at Disney are going a bit toooooooo far with this whole sultry princess bit. (Don't EVEN get me started on the whole Bratz line! That is WAAAAAYYYY over the top with sultry, seductive, take me to bed dolls!!!) I looked at these innocent sweet Valentine's cards from PG and was appalled at how Belle's clevage just hangs out and her clothes are falling off! Modesty? I think not. What seems so harmless is really just more of our society's (or should I say Satan and his tactics) ways of de-sensitizing our children. One more millimeter off of Belle's top and we'd be seeing ni..... you know exactly what I mean. DOES ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME??????? I know that many moms agree, but many don't and are fellow Christians who are supposed to be bringing up these girls in a Biblical manner. I am all for fashion and fun, but it can ALL be taught in a feminine, modest, God-honoring manner. Author, Vicki Courtney, which is on my links under Ministry, has plenty of material about how to raise our daughters to be godly in a godless world. I still want PG to enjoy the fun, magic, make-believe and girly-girl world of princesses, but I know that it is my job as her mother to teach her what is acceptable and what is totally UN-acceptable.
Have you seen the newest drawings of Ariel from The Little Mermaid? Her shadows around her chest are awful! For little girls to see this is one thing, not to mention how little boys are being brought up to view this as normal and accepting. Do you realize that our children are being BOMBARDED with sexual images and ideas all the time? PandaPop is a Children's Minister as well as MommySpice's hubby. I am not pulling this out of thin air. The enemy HATES your children and wants to destroy them. (John 10:10...the thief comes to kill, steal and destroy). There is a battle going on right now over the future of our daughters (and sons). Are you going to sit by and watch them be devoured? We as Christians are to TEACH and TRAIN our children what is God-honoring whether the world agrees or not. We are called to be holy...set apart...different. Not aloof. Different. We are to be salt and light in a darkened world. How can we be salt and light if we are stuck in the darkness, too?...acting no differently? This is not an easy subject. What is easy is to sit back and just let things happen. Teaching is hard. It takes effort. I pray to God that I have the foresight, motivation, energy, stamina, mercy on my own life and love to teach my own child what is right according to the Bible and then be able to stand firm in my beliefs, share them and not come across as haughty or having it all together or even critical and judgmental. I am saved by grace alone. Nothing I do can measure up to God's standards. I am a work in progress. By His love and mercy through Jesus Christ can I come before the Throne of Grace with confidence and boldly present my requests to God. I choose to raise my daughter differently than what the world says is right. This is a battle worth fighting.

16 comments:
YOu're right. The princess' sure have gotten veluptuous. Don't even get me started on Bratz dolls. And boy did they get Spicy Girl's attention at the store. We walked by the dolls, and S.G. was like a magnet drawn to them. Good post!!
These are things I think about constantly as I am raising a 12 year old. I keep telling her it's all about inner beauty....it's a scary world out there and I pray I have the wisdom to help her grow to be a strong, confident and spiritual young lady. (Sophia too)
I would have to agree with you. It isn't just girls toys either. I have to constantly monitor what my boys are wanting. The Yugi Oh cards out on the market now are completely demonic.
It's crazy. You have to always be on guard.
There are several Disney movies that we do not own because I do not agree with the content.
Well, you know me- I think they shouldn't be so revealing with out a tan! ahahahaha Of course I agree with you! Though, with school age chill'ns one will have to keep them out of public schools, most of the private ones as well and definitely NO WALMART TRIPS when ya choose homeschooln!
you amuse me-Thank you!
I agree. Since I don't have children, I've never really paid that much attention, but I'll have to start having a "mom's" eye for things like this. It's just pain crazy! Disney used to be child friendly.
I was very surprised to see these images. I guess living in a household with boys only for so long I am out of the girly loop. I am thankful of being more aware now due to your post! As the mother of two boys and one girl I must say it is a difficult road. Trying to teach by example and by word is a daily challenge... but one well worth the work.
Amen, sister! Have you turned on your television lately? That's pretty scary too. It's a huge battle and good role models are hard to find. Thanks for your post.
You are SO not alone in feeling this way - I pray daily for my boys and now Chloe - wow, how as Christian parents can we even combat this or teach the right way when the world constantly teaches wrong?!? I say "Amen" to everything you said - you are not going overboard -it's all around!! Great encouragement to all of us - we need to pray HARD for our kids!
Applause! I agree with you 100%. In my Women's Group last night we were talking about this very thing. When is enough, enough. I am not a Parent yet, but even as a Christian Single Woman, I still need to set an example for the wonderful children in my life. Praise God for Loving God-filled Parents who understand we do live in a fallen world & it's our responsiblity to teach our children we are NOT citizen's of this world. Great Post!
Pandamom...You stay right up there on that soapbox!!! I agree wholeheartedly!! Thanks for putting a voice to my thoughts.
Amazing. And the scary thing is that if we don't notice it, our kids will, so we have to be on the lookout.
I found a Star Wars storybook of Brainy Boy's and he had scribbled in the bosom of a really revealing character. My husband and I got a kick out of it, but when we asked him why he did it, he said he didn't think she should be showing her body like that, and he was only 6 at the time!
Great post!
Amen, Sister! Have you taken a look at Pocahontas? Yikes! It's hard work raising a counter-cultural kid! But we should never give in!
Hi PM.....I am asking that you read my latest post and share it with your prayer warriors. I believe strongly in the power of prayer and I know that you will faithfully have my post read and prayed for.
Thank you.....
Stefanie
BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!...()...()
Cheer, cheer, cheer....()...()..()****
I am SO PROUD of this blog and you.... :-)
Keep up HIS standards,
because satan constantly tries to steal, kill, destroy, especially through the innocence/in-experience of a child. Again, three cheers for your courage to stand, for writing and your heart/wisdom!...:-)
Wonderfully said and I agree 100% this is a very worthy fight. I myself, plan to fight it all the way, starting with setting an example for Lauren by how I dress and conduct myself.
Post a Comment