Our youth girls had a retreat last night that was themed with countries around the world. I was asked to decorate a table from China. This kind of thing is right up my alley. I love parties and I LOVE decorating and buying stuff for them!!! I had such a blast piecing together Chinese things that we actually purchased in China as well as surfing the web and finding fun things as give-aways. Since I had already been to the Asian market here in our area, it was nothing for me to pop over there and grab some authentic Chinese candy.
The girls each got to go home with:
rice paper umbrella
chopsticks
red envelope with Chinese coin (good luck symbol for Chinese New Year)
small panda
Chinese take-out box filled with Chinese candy and a chocolate covered fortune cookies (did you know these are NOT from China?)
a place card with the Chinese flag on the front with a Chinese character meaning either love, peace, joy or goodwill which I has also typed up a quick little trivia page on the inside
The icing on the cake was that PandaGirl was already dressed up for our Chinese New Year dinner with our playgroup, so it worked out perfect to stop by and snap a pic of her in her traditional dress with the decorated table. Love it!

3 comments:
Looks awesome!! I wish I could have seen it in person.
Aren't you talented???? Looks great!
You should be an events planner, girl!
Post a Comment