Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5


Thirteen NOT So Favorite Happenings of the Past Week!!!

1. My new glasses which I ordered two weeks ago did not come in on the day that I said I needed them (to go to the marriage conference!) because "they" didn't call me when the frames came like "they" said "they" would which made them a week late. Hmph.

2. While at the marriage conference, actually at 9:00AM when it started, the underwire in my bra snapped thus stabbing me in the skin while I tried to live with it for a few minutes then had to finally remove said bra and discard in the ladies room leaving me FREE flowing for the remainder of the conference (this is THE one time that I am glad to not be well-endowed!). That's ONE way to get your hubby to enjoy a marriage conference, huh?! ; )

3. Our precious cat, Miao, has been such a blessing and the icing on the cake is that he doesn't shed...until now and all of a sudden he's molting or something and I am chasing after him with the vacuum hose (not really!) so I can stop using the little lint roller tape over and over again! Blech.

4. PandaGirl got pink-eye and a nasty cold. Yuck!

5. We had no playgroup and missed our cute little Valentine Party with our friends because of the pink-eye and cold. Pooh.

6. The teeny tiny bottle of eye drop medicine cost so much that I had to forego buying PG some cute spring outfits. Oh MAN!

7. To preface this little gripe I need to say that for this semester I am working as an aide to the four-year-old teachers at our church's preschool. I have a college degree, have worked ten years with school as a speech therapist and classroom teacher and don't miss it one bit. My duties as an aide are to cut, laminate and be a gopher. I enjoy this little job and know it is only until May. I love being a stay at home mom the most. Here's the good part---I had to sub for three days for one of the teachers. By yesterday I literally wanted to RUN OUT THE DOOR SCREAMING IN ANGER at the craziness of that classroom! So many children are being raised by parents (or should I say that the children are training the parents?!!!) that DON'T train them in manners, respect of authority or even just plain kindness. I was so glad to get out of there and said I wouldn't do again, so don't ask! PPFFF-UH...As IF!

8. PandaPop and I have several really big decisions to make soon and the details are looming over our heads so the thoughts keep swirling around in my mind...at 1:00AM. 3:24AM, 4:08AM, 5:46AM....you get the sleepless, restless picture.

9. Saying goodbye to our best friends on Saturday and not knowing when we'll see them again. : (

10. Last night PG threw up on the bathroom rug from all the drainage she has from the nasty cold and didn't actually go to sleep until 10:30PM (Normal bedtime is 8:00PM). Ewwwwwwe-uh.

11. Stepped on wet spot...on rug where PG threw up and PP cleaned....in my nice dry sock. Gag.

12. Couldn't get enough chocolate in my system for a fix from all the restlessness in me over the week reminding me of my constant need of a Savior from my own depravity.

13. Since PG threw up on the bathroom rug, I decided to go ahead and throw it in the wash. I go into the bathroom to get myself ready for bed and proceed to look like a slow-motion version of Fred Flintstone slipping on a banana peel, but my graceful act happened because I had on new fresh dry socks that were VERY slippery on bathroom floor since the rug was now in the wash from PG throwing up on it. As I am going down in style, I land on my back looking straight up into PandaPop's loving eyes wondering if I am ok and after a few seconds to make sure I'm alive I bust out laughing at the hilarity of it all which gave PP the permission that it was OK to laugh as well. This is the one time in history that I am grateful for the extra padding on my rear! Ouch!
James 1:2-4 NLT
Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.


Despite all these things, I know I am fully blessed by God. His endless blessings and favor are always on the forefront of my mind. Thank you, Lord for humor in which to see life's mishaps.





  • Find Banner HERE
  • 14 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    The last one is so funny! I was laughing outloud as I was reading!

    JenLo said...

    All that in a week ?! I suppose the riff raff that we get makes the good times to come all the more appreciated.

    Mary said...

    Okay... that was just the laugh I needed today. I, too, was laughing out loud. Part of me was oh so thankful it wasn't me falling... since I am not the graceful type AT ALL!

    I am glad you weren't hurt!!

    Kristen OQ said...

    I LOVE LOVE the new blog template! So cute

    Much Ado said...

    Loved reading this very original thursday 13!!! Laughed out loud at the last sentence of number 2. Hope PG is better soon. Love that you added the verse at the end too, you have a great perspective on life.

    And yes, we have blond jokes too where we are.....I blame everything I do wrong on being blonde!!! Great to have an excuse!

    Mommy Spice said...

    What a week!! The bra one cracks me up. I would be arrested if I had to lose my bra at a marriage conference. Hee-Hee.

    See you tomorrow!!

    Rmomof3 said...

    Do you have a degree in Speech Pathology? Master's degree? Just wondering? Though I stay home now, I have a SLP degree and am ASHA certified!

    GloryandGrace said...

    Oh, you are SO stuck in 80s!!!!!!! The CORRECT phrasing is more to the effect of,
    "Psssshhhaah--as IF." I don't know what all that "PPPPPPFUFFIN" was you were doing when you wrote that on #7.... LOL

    Rmomof3 said...

    PandaMom ~

    I came to you through Bluebird blogs just after she updated you and I have been reading your posts ever since. I have several friends who have either adopted or are in the process of adopting from China. When I read your 13 today - you said you had done speech tx. for 10 years and I thought that was interesting b/c I too have been a SLP for many years - but also like you I now stay home with my precious little ones. I just thought it was neat that you and I had that in common! I know it wasn't the point of your 13 - I just thought it was neat! I am not sure if I will go back to being a SLP either - if I had my heart's desire these days I would proably open a scrapbook store! ;-)
    Sweet blessings!

    Mama Darling said...

    Let's hope you stop at 13! That's enough for one week. Hope the rest of your week is great. The bra episode was too funny, but stepping on the wet spot with dry socks..yuck!

    See you tomorrow night!

    Nikki said...

    What a great post!
    It is always good to see the humor in our mishaps, and that verse always throws it all into perspective.
    Thanks!

    Unknown said...

    What an interesting week you had! Thanks for the laugh

    Sheryl said...

    What a cute post! I know it was 13 not so great things that happened to you, but you did it with such good humor that I had to laugh at a few!

    Gloria said...

    Well, I'm late in commenting since I've not had time lately...but I simply can not leave your reply comments... at Number 13...ha ha

    Dear one...these are hilarious and so TRUE to life...when it rains it pours!!! It brought back many funny memories of our own.

    May the days ahead bring you good health, events and humor---Our Lord gave it to us...as a creation to 'GET US THRU! ha ha And OH HOW WE NEED IT!!! HA HA Luvya,M~~~