Saturday, February 03, 2007

Pinkalicious!

Whew! What a day we had! At the library this week we found this great book about a little girl who couldn't stop eating PINK cupcakes. I thought it was perfect timing for us to have pink cupcakes for Gotcha Day since Pink is PandaGirl's favorite color. The hat that I am wearing is my present from PandaPop and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! It says "Mom" in navy Chinese characters on a......PINK hat! I am a hat-wearin' girl so this is right up my ally. PP also brought us these gorgeous flowers in different shads of pink. (We LOVE it when he brings us flowers!) PG ended up with a darling princess crown and a kitty cat for her charms. Of course, she had a Party Burrito from Taco Bueno and because it was Friday we had our traditional Friday night "slumber party" and movie together after we made our pink cupcakes and had chili for dinner. Three years celebrated in style...PINK style!







19 comments:

Beckyb said...

As a Children's Librarian - I say "Good Choice" - that is such a great book!! Can't wait to enjoy it with Chloe soon!!
Your day looked so fun -

Mommy Spice said...

I am going to have to find that book, as Spicy Girl also LOVES PINK!! It looks like you guys had a great day.

Much Ado said...

What a "perfect pink party!" That last picture is priceless and I LOVE the pink hats.

JenLo said...

What a clever guy that PandaPop is with the hat!

Snow White said...

How fun! I miss your ability to make everything a party!! I need some Millie in my life!!!! I am sorry you did not listen to the Holy Spirit's leading to go to Hobby Lobby last Monday night. Maybe next time you will listen to the still small voice!!!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

How great is that!
What a perfect day.
Pink Power!

Steffie B. said...

What a wonderful day and everything in pink.....what more could a little gitl ask for! ;)

Much Ado said...

Just wanted to pop back over and say thanks for your encouraging words.

Julie said...

Wanh!!! That is soooooooo sweet!! I can't wait to have a daughter to do "pink" stuff with!! She better love pink - have you seen my "Naomi's Nursery" page? It's mucho pink!!!

Julie

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

How adorable! Perfectly adorable!

Becky said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Found you through your comment on "Lifesong" (Kim). Looking forward to hearing more about your family and your adorable PandaGirl!
Becky :)

Emmie said...

I found your blog through my mom (steffie) and love it! Your daughter is soo cute! Glad you guys could have a fun night Friday! Sounds like you two are really close!

Kim said...

Hmmmm...I got your comment and the link works fine for me from there. I'm not sure what the problem is....maybe try it again. I've been using it fine.


Kim

LedaP said...

Are you swapping quilt squares by any chance? I'm trying to finish up. Email me at ledamperry at yahoo dot com if you are interested. Thanks!

Steffie B. said...

Try posting on Emmie's now! And thank you for the wonderful comments about her! ;)

LedaP said...

Hi there, all you have to do is pick some material that you really like, wash it, cut it into 8X8 squares and make wishes that go with them (on an index card or something similar to that). Put a small swatch of your material on the wish. Most people make a scrapbook or photo album with all the wishes so their child can match the wishes with the square on the actual quilt.

Then post this to your blog and let them know you are trading squares! Most send out to family as well. And you can request 2 squares if you want to make one for each daughter...I have seen several people do that who have previously adopted from China, and didn't make a quilt the first time around.

You can find sample wishes and squares at: http://3ds100wishesquilt.blogspot.com -or- http://jadynsquiltinthemaking.blogspot.com

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions. It's a lot of fun when you start getting all these in the mail!
-----------------------------------
(from my blog, but feel free to copy)

OK, I'm finally going to start the quilt. I've put it off far too long...Now that I see everyone's finished quilts, I regret not starting sooner! Hopefully, this will also help me pass the next few months of waiting for TA. So, if anyone out there is still trading for their 100 Good Wishes Quilt, please email me or post here and help me get started!

100 Good Wishes Quilt - Bai Jia Bei

History:
Many families in the adoption community make 100 Good Wishes quilts to share good wishes and beautiful fabrics for our children. A tradition exists in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei (100 Good Wishes Quilt). Historically, when a baby is born, family and friends donate fabric with a written wish for the new baby to the child's mother. It is said that the luck, energy and good wishes from all the special people who contributed the fabric surrounds the child when she is wrapped in the quilt. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation. This tradition shows our children just how much they were loved before they even arrived home, and becomes a special heirloom.

Family & Friends:
Please send an 8"x8" (or any size you would like) square fabric along with a 4X6 card with a 2"x2" swatch of their fabric (same fabric as the 8x8), your name, address and the positive wish you wish for Kaylee written on it. I will collect all the fabric and wishes and complete the quilt. Then I will place the note card with the swatches into and album or scrapbook so the Kaylee can later match the fabric in the quilt with the wish for her by matching it with the swatch.

Ideas for selecting Fabric:
• Choose a fabric that has some meaning to you even if it is as simple as a favorite color, character, theme, or you just loved the fabric.
• If possible, choose a 100% cotton fabric. It can be from a fabric store or a quilt store. 100% cotton fabric is ideal because it washes & wears best.
• The wishes themselves can be just a heartfelt message, a famous or not-so-famous quote, song lyrics, scripture passages, a family recipe. Just think, what message or gift would you wish for an infant to have in her life? Some ideas are good health, perseverance, compassion and a sense of humor. You name it as long as you feel it will be uplifting to the child and family.
• The 4x6 index card can be as plain or as fancy as you want to make it. You can hand write it, computer print it, use scrapbook supplies, use cardstock, use stickers, use stamps.... it is completely up to you!
• Please be accurate with your measurements - if you are not comfortable with sizing, either send a larger piece, ask someone in a fabric store to cut the square for you, or request a slightly larger square and I will trim it down myself.

Thanks in advance!

Kristen OQ said...

What a wonderful day for you & your family! It doesn't get any more special than a "gotcha day" celebration.

Sheryl said...

That sounds like so much fun! It makes me wish (for a second) that I had at least one daughter!

Ashley said...

How fun! :)