Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21-Daily Life



13 Random Phrases or Thoughts from the Past Week...

1. From my quiet time..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."...Proverbs 3:5-6

2. From my scrapbook magazine..."Capture life. Create art."

3. From PandaGirl...after watching Gaston from Beauty and the Beast kill a bird in the sky and it flops on the ground she makes a face and says, "He KILLED a bird?"...I say, "He's gonna eat it."....PG: face wrinkled---"EWE!"...Me: "Do you like your chicken nuggets from Chic-fil-A?"...PG: "Yeah."...Me: "You're eating a chicken."...PG: face completely wrinkled and tongue out in disbelief...Me: "Do you like hamburgers?"...PG: "Yes??"...Me: "You're eating a cow."...PG: in total astonishment, eyes very wide, mouth curled up and tongue out, "Ewwwwwe!"

4. E-card from my mom..."Just a little reminder that you are in God's care and my prayers today."...after getting news from me that we have a huge reason to wait on God right now and trust His heart and timing, not our own.

5. From watching Narnia..."What is done, is done. There is no more need to speak of it."-Aslan speaking to Peter, Susan and Lucy about Edmund's betrayal.

6. From PandaGirl to the waiter while at Johnny Carino's Italian restaurant for Father's Day..."Uh, my mommy will have the nachos and Daddy will have..." We cut her off and reminded her (while laughing) that it is Daddy's job to order for us.

7. While making fresh chocolate chip cookies with PandaGirl...Me: "Let's add a secret ingredient to our recipe, ok?"...PG: "We can tell them we just use butter!"...Me: "Well, we don't have to tell them anything. We can just wink at each other and say it's our secret recipe!"...PG: "OK! That's what bakers do!"

8. After a grown-up temper tantrum from me...Me: "PG, Mommy is sorry for throwing the cell phone down and slamming the car door. Do you forgive me?"...PG: "Yes, I forgive you."

9. From Sunday's sermon from our pastor out of the book of Ecclesiastes 6:12..."For who knows what is good for a man in life, during the few and meaningless days he passes through like a shadow? Who can tell him what will happen under the sun after he is gone?"---King Solomon

10. From PandaPop over the phone..."Honey, what do you want to do at VBS this year?"

11. From PandaGirl while in the bathroom..."Mommy, my nose is bleeding!"

12. From someone extremely dear to my heart..."My {husband} and I believe that God is calling us to long term mission work in {foreign country} and we are putting in our application this week."...Me: tears.

13. From a random email, but reliable source..."We know a young girl who is going to have a baby in July and wants a Christian family to give the baby to. Just thought we'd pass along the information." Me and PP: "W-H-A-T?"


BE SURE AND CHECK OUT MY 30 DAY CHALLENGE I POSTED LATE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!!!

8 comments:

Steffie B. said...

excellent....love #2, well I love all of them. ;)

Mommy Spice said...

OOOhhh, I like this one. P.G. is cracking me up. I didn't eat hotdogs for years after I found out what they are made of. YEARS! Any more info on the last one?....

In response from my blog...the same a/c that has to be serviced at the beginning of summer EVERY year. UGH!!

Ashley said...

What a fantastic Thursday Thirteen!

Praying for whatever is going on with #4, 12, and 13. I may not know, but He does!! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

My friend,
It sounds like there are some serious things happening in your life. I will keep you in my prayers. You are a beautiful family and beautiful things will come to you.

Terri said...

Great list! Will be keeping you in my prayers!

Mama Darling said...

Isn't life fun??? Never a dull moment. Sounds like God has great plans for your family even in our very short time here on earth...#12 & #13. And of course,#10 LOL. This all leads us back to your #1. Isn't He amazing!

Nikki said...

I loved this list...wonderful.
But the last one has me with my jaw on the floor. Oh my. Oh my.

Much Ado said...

What a wonderful honest and beautiful insight into your week. Praying for you my friend.