Monday, June 04, 2007

Memory Lane Monday #11-Summertime!

June 2004



June 2004 was PandaGirl's first time in a swimsuit, in a pool, experience popsicles and all the other great stuff that goes with summer. This past weekend we made time to enjoy our new pool and had a BLAST! Anyone who knows me in person can vouch that I am as whitey-white as they come. My skin has never tanned and never will. I always have to use SPF 4000 ; ), have lots of freckles and can feel my skin burning within minutes of blaring summer sun. My friends also know that in the summer I carry my beautiful rainbow umbrella EVERYWHERE just so I have protection and don't have to sit in the sun. I WANT to, but CAN'T. Enjoy your lovely tan skin, bloggy friends. I get to enjoy my PG's DARLING brown little body with perfect legs in her cute swimsuit!! I lathered her up with sunscreen, we came in from swimming for about an hour and...wahlah!....PG has dark tan lines. What blows my mind is that I have this untannable skin while my brother has beautifully tanned skin all year long and can tan just by saying he's going outside. Oh well. No big deal in the big scheme of things, I guess. I am old enough now, that I don't let it bother me. I just enjoy my life and my family and thank God for what I DO have.

June 2007


13 comments:

Ashley said...

We're bringing pale back! :)

Steffie B. said...

Oh C'mon....aren't you going to show us a picture of your white legs...better yet, I want to see the bottle of SPF 4000 lotion! lol (that was cute) I tan, but I need to be careful too!

Unknown said...

Looks like everyone had fun..Loved the post!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so cute! I am with Stef, I want to see the SPF 4000 lotion!! lol

GloryandGrace said...

A friend of mine at work teased me last week for how pale I am compared to some of the other ladies here who are already sporting their tans... As pasty-white as I am, I'd rather be safe than sorry!

I still have this picture of you and me from Super Summer when I got a severe sunburn - I look like Bob the Tomato in braids, and even moreso standing next to you!

Pasty-Whiteys Unite!!

Elizabeth said...

Pasty women UNITE!
How cute is your little one's tummy in that suite?
Why isn't it cute when I look like that?

Page said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! My name is a family name that actually began as a last name (which I guess is why there is no "i"). All growing up this used to drive me crazy, but now that I understand the familial part in it, I am proud of it!
Oh, and you have a wonderful blog!

redmaryjanes said...

Look at how much she has grown! I love her first little bikini!

elizabeth said...

My mother has the same, very white skin. The good news is, is that since she has protected her skin her entire life, she hardly has a wrinkle at 56! You have beautiful skin in the forecast and you can laugh at all the wrinkly, leather skinned tan-a-holics!

Nikki said...

My legs are so white I think they actually REPEL the sunlight. Oh well, our girls are brown and beautiful...is anyone even lookin' at us when they're around???

Love the pics of PG's first summer -- too cute. (2005 was Lily's)...they just fly by, don't they?

Terri said...

You know, my first little one (Sami) would do that tan thing, be out there for 10 minutes and have a tan line while me, just like you, burn and freckle on my shoulders! JC is the same way, he gets dark. The other two seem to be more fair. The tan ones get it from the Native American blood from John's side of the family.

The pool looks great! John says we are never getting a pool b/c that is just one more thing he would have to do (clean it). That is ok, not many people have pool in Colorado!

~Colorado Dreamin'

Sheryl said...

She is just such a doll! Ha! SPF 4,000 your so funny!

Jada said...

Well as you get older you will have great skin.All those tanners will be looking old and then you will feel great.