Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New Friends!



Yesterday we got to spend time with our new friends from church. My new friend in the pic is the girl who got our resume to the church and started the whole process of us getting here. The whole reason we met is because we used the same adoption agency to adopt our daughters from China. They asked us to come give our story at a seminar promoting adoption and our agency at her church. I had JUST found out a few weeks earlier that we couldn't go back to China for our second adoption. I was in no mood to be talking about our story with PandaGirl nor promoting the agency. Nothing against them at all. I was just having a pity-party over being told NO again about growing our family. The Lord let me quickly know that He had a message to tell through our story (which we have done several times for these seminars) and I had better go and do what He called us to do. Well, now. I didn't want to fight against that. We are so tremendously blessed by PG and our whole journey to her was a God-thing.

After we got to the church and met prospective families I was OK, told our story and felt great about it. As we were leaving for the night we got into a conversation about the church's children's ministry. I flippantly asked Becky (in the pic), "Well, you don't need a children's minister, do you?" HA..HA..HA..She said, "Well, as a matter of fact we do!" We laughed as she asked for PandaPop's resume. He sent it the next morning, she sent it to the Discipleship Pastor who then contacted us immediately and ba-dum-bump...we are here! You can read my Thursday Thirteen from last week to see the connections we have to this church. Amazing, I think.

Today was our first chance to get together and just play. Of course, it is already hot in Texas so we went to the mall for some playing and talking. Great time! Becky also treated us to one of my favorite eateries....
Panera Bread! If you don't have one of these, I am soooo sorry for you! I love it! We look forward to many more playdates. In fact, I think we are all swimming on Thursday. We moms are two whitey-whites so I'll be sure to get my SPF 4000 out while our little brown darlings tan away.


10 comments:

Terri said...

I think it is great how you can see God in all these things and how He moved you where you are.

I am curious to know more about the second adoption thing. What are your options and what, if anything, has the Lord led you to do now?

Love seeing pg's pictures. She is such a sweet looking little girl!

~Colorado Dreamin'

Terri said...

p.s. Please tell Funderstorm I am trying to connect. I do not have email for her so I left her a message on her blog but she hasn't done anything in over a month on there. I miss you guys so much! I really DO!

~Colorado Dreamin'

GloryandGrace said...

When I went home for a visit (yes, Texas will always be "home" in some way!) last summer, YLOW asked if I had ever heard of Panera Bread. She was really excited because there was one in Fort Worth...haha, little did she know that Panera Bread in Louisville is comparable to Starbucks -- one on every corner! And I'm not complaining!!

Terri said...

Nick left for Falls Creek yesterday, broken arm and all. I am hoping he will be ok. He needs some fun. JC gets to go to preteen camp next year and Jenni to GA camp! Not sure I am ready for all my kids to "run off" without me, ;) Next year I may have to figure out a way to go with them or atleast Jenni! Hard to let my Jenni go!

~Colorado Dreamin'

Terri said...

yep

Ashley said...

How funny -- I just posted about Falls Creek. :)

OH MY #6 said...

Hi,

I have been lurking around you blog for quite some time now and I enjoy reading your daily writing.

We are LID January 2007. We got in just under the wire of the new restrictions. I am sorry you are not able to go back for a second.

I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Thank you for sharing everyday.

Lea

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Isn't that terriffic! We are so glad things are going well-PG is doing great! I laugh everytime you talk about going to the pool- I am just so proud of myself for not being hospitalized(mental) for NOT being TAN(tanning salons)I actually enjoy being white at the pool with my kids!I know its the first time in my life...not so bad.

redmaryjanes said...

I'm so glad to hear that you all are settling in so well and that you live in a loving community of people.

Nikki said...

Another very cool story about your new life...
God is good -- I wonder what else He is doing behind the scenes?
Looks like a fun day with new friends.