Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #20-Melts My Heart




Thirteen Things PandaGirl Says That Melt My Heart and Make Me Glad I'm Her Mom!

1. When trying to tell me of a Bible story she referred to it as, "Matthew 8; 7 Central." Maybe she has watched too much TV? HA!

2. Every so often she will gently pat me on the back when I am holding her just like I pat her on the back for comfort and cuddling.

3. When PandaPop, PG and I are all together like sitting on the bed or couch or out doing something, PG will say, "I like it when the whole family is together."

4. Another occasion of PG trying to re-tell a Bible story she must have confused two different ones and combined them into, "Joshua and the Three Commandments"!!! Too cute!

5. I know all little ones do this in some form, so you will agree that when those little arms go straight up and the words, "I wanna hold you." come flowing out...you wanna hold them forever!

6. PG is quite the backseat driver....hmmm--wonder where she learned THAT from???. She will always make sure Daddy has everything taken care of and will asked him, "Daddy? Are your lights on?".

7. We LOVE the Disney Cars movie and listen to the soundtrack quite a bit. I absolutely adore it when PG busts out singing, "Life is a highway. I wanna drive it all night long!" With her long----drawn---out---Texas---accent it sounds more like this, though, "Lie-uhf izuh hai-uh-waaaaay. Ai waunna drai-uhv it awwwl nai-uht lawwwng!"

8. I told PG that her Daddy is my "hubby". She went around for a few days after this realization and would say that PandaPop was her "huvvy, too". So sweet when a little girl wants to marry her daddy.

9. Just the other day PG wanted to hold me. Now after writing #5 this one might seem contradicting, but she has also learned that when I ask her to do something, such as clean her room, PG all of a sudden wants to hold me. Yeah, right. I saw through that little trick real quick. I assumed she was pulling this fast one on old mom last week. I told her, "You don't want to hold me. You just don't want to clean your room." She so sweetly looked at me and using plenty of hand gesturing pointing to herself she says, "Mommy, I'm not just saying I wanna hold you. I really do. I just like your skin." OK~I don't care if she DID pull a fast one on me.....I was HOOKED! I held her.

10. Totally cracks me up when she sings, "Blessed Be the Name-O of the Lord". Maybe a bit of a worship song and a preschool song about a farmer and his dog getting mixed together.

11. I just melt when I look into her room or the living room or the bathroom or our room or wherever PG has decided is the BEST place for the day to place MANY of her stuffed animals down for a "nap" and cover them ALL with little blankets, tissues, clothes or whatever so they can be warm during their nap.

12. After we attended a beautiful wedding last Saturday PG was so smitten with the gorgeous dresses, the bride and groom and the bridal party (all of whom she did a sweet curtsey for as they walked by at the reception holding her dress out just so perfectly). As we were driving away she very innocently asked us from her carseat, "So, God is going to choose MY husband for me, too?" Oh yes, baby girl. He has everything under control.

13. Giggle. Giggle. Giggle. Nothing melts my heart faster than her innocent giggles all girly and sweet.

11 comments:

Phat Girl said...

PG is a blessing from God!! She's adorable!

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful.....I am so happy she has you for her Mom! ;)

Terri said...

How sweet! I feel the same way about my kiddos! They say some things that just melt my heart!

Kelley said...

So sweet...these are the kind of things that my girls do too that make my knees go weak!

I hope you don't mind that I tagged you for a meme over at my blog.

Mommy Spice said...

Awww, that's a sweet post. I have to tell you, S.G. covers her "babies" up all over the house too. We find blankets, towels...covering 3 or 4 stuffed animals in various places.

I'm home now, and yes, I posted some pics.

Praise and Coffee said...

So sweet.
Serious thought here...I think I do the same thing to God when he asks me to do something I don't want to...oh Lord just hold me. Let me bask in Your presence, but don't ask me to do the hard stuff!

redmaryjanes said...

Motherhood is the greatest blessing.

Sheryl said...

What a sweet post! She really sounds like an awesome little girl!

Nikki said...

Oh, I just loved that list -- melted my heart too! (I might have to do a post like that on my blog, if you don't mind).

PG is a doll.
Lily does some of the same things and I just love it...isn't it funny how they say "I wanna hold you" instead of "I want you to hold me"? I've always kinda giggled at that.

Mama Darling said...

PG is precious. She has such a sweet spirit.
Look at my blog. It is one of my "Melt My Heart" moments....our referral pictures are posted!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your list!! The central time comment still has me laughing :)