
I was tagged by my bloggy friend at My Glamorous Life to do this meme. I haven't done this one before and haven't done a meme in quite some time so here is how this one works: You share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to list four new things you want to try in the next four years. I liked thinking about the four new things that I want to try.
Four new things I learned or experienced in the past four years:
1. I walked on the Great Wall of China, visited the Forbidden City and Tianneman Square.
2. I became a MOMMY!...and all the shock and new experiences that go along with that new world.
3. I became a Stay at Home Mom. A new career per se. I had always WANTED to be a SAHM, but the reality of the adjustment from working full time since 1993 took awhile to sink in and get all the kinks worked out. Now I LOVE IT!
4. Last year I attemtpted to learn to knit. I enjoyed it, but could only practice once a week for about 30 minutes with the lady teaching me and THAT was only for about three weeks. I would really like to keep learning and get it down.
Four things that I want to try or do in the next four years:
1. I have this set in my head and don't know where it came from really. I want PandaPop and I to visit New York City with our best friends. We have already set 2009 as our goal. Me and my friend will be celebrating our 20 years of being out of high school and thought we could use that as a viable excuse to go! I want to see a Broadway play, would really like to visit NYC in the fall (maybe I have seen You've Got Mail one too many times!), ride the ferry to Staton Island?, do all the walking and shopping, etc., eat at a street corner hot dog stand, play at FAO Schwartz, go to a jazz club and totally get the whole NYC thing done in about three days! ; )
2. Become a mommy again with another child to love and hold and to have as a part of our family.
3. Lose this stinkin' WEIGHT and truly be healthy!!! (I would love to be really strong in my "core" from Pilates or Yoga, but without all the hoo-hah, bizzare-o, meditation mumbo-jumbo).
4. I want to purchase the wonderful camera on my wish list and start my heart's desire of taking photos of whatever I want with the sole purpose of enjoying the beauty of the subject. Not for scrapbooking, but for the art of photography.
Now I am to tag eight bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know they have been tagged. I could EASILY pick GOBS more than eight, but I will start with these:
1. MommySpice
2. Glorious Grace
3. Praise & Coffee
4. Never Too Many
5. Peanut Butter & Jelly Boats
6. Lifesong
7. Little Bit's Life
8. Red Mary Janes

14 comments:
Geek - some of my "want to do's" are very personal!!!!!
I'll try and post my answers sometime today...
Okay---I'll think on this and try and post it soon! Thanks for the tag--this sounds very interesting!
Kim
That's so cool that you went to China. Obviously the best part was getting Panda Girl, but it's also very cool that you did all that stuff. I'll play along. I'll post tonight.
That is such a neat idea. I think I will try that sometime.
OK, you're the second one to tag me on a meme. I promise I will do it, I just have so many darn stink'in cute beach pics to post right now.
Isn't D.D.'s new Mei Mei beautiful?!!
We did NYC in the summer. It was loads of fun. FAO Schwartz was one of my favs. My goal was to eat a hot dog in Central Park. Dog was ick, but Central Park was fun.
That is a cool meme. Thanks for tagging me. I'll do it tonight.
Those were great! It is neat to get to see different sides of online "friends".
Funny you should mention NYC, we are headed in that direction next week, BUT only have one day there! I've got a lot to cram in one day! Your plan of three days is soooo much better!
Hope you make it to NYC in 2009...my first trip there was with my husband and it was such a romantic trip!!!
Thanks for playing along! It's so fun to learn new things about our bloggy friends.
K.
I love lists. It feels so great to check them off.
Buy that camera, never miss another memory.
Oh dear......now tagged twice for this...the pressure is on.....I may have to succumb to it.....but when? Another food tag I must participate in as well.....must first fly to Ms. Dragonfly for a delicious drink with an umbrella then perhaps I can do my homework.....
Oh yes....and I can relate to many on your list....it's a kinship with you of some sort....I love it!
loved the lists.
You have accomplished MUCH over the past 4 years and you have some great ideas for the next 4.
I haven't been to New York since highschool and would also love to go back someday.
I would also love to become a mommy again...hmmm...
Post a Comment