Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #22-A Week in the Life of...




Last week's TT13 was so fun and easy that I think I will use that formula for awhile. Coming up with 13 things every week for the past 21 postings of TT13s has been fun, but sometimes challenging! This little use of phrases from the week is so easy, yet ever changing! Here go the ramblings...


1. From my email to the contact who let us know about the possible baby needing to be adopted: "We just believe we should bow out at this time. It doesn't really seem that this route is for us."

2. PandaGirl at swimming lessons on the side of the pool to her instructor: "I am NOT going into THAT water." All while waving her little finger in a NO gesture. She WENT in the water.

3. From PandaPop about our Disney trip this October: "So what do think about DRIVING to Disney?" We live in Texas. I said, "NO WAY!"...We're driving. (I actually called him after doing some research and thought it would be an adventure to drive and the $$$ saved could go to more "practical" things---like Mouse ears and all---...though with gas so high we probably just need to rent a hot-air balloon for the trip!)

4. From Fox News on-line: "A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky." I am still recovering from this one. Who has it worse? The girl or the people around her who saw it happen. Too disturbing to think about.

5. From a precious friend whom we have known since 1997-ish: "I got a ring tonight." Wooohoooooo!

6. From PP about my down-home, southern cooked meal, all from scratch: "Well, done. I am so proud of you. You did a great job!"

7. PG from the living room to me in the kitchen: "Being young is a very important job, Mom."

8. PG in WalMart while shopping for all that down-home cookin' food: About 10 minutes into the trip, "I need to go tee-tee, Mommy."....walk to back of store, do business, get back to where we were shopping, 15 minutes later..."I need to go poo-poo, Mommy."...GREAT...walking to the back of store with heavier cart and a little girl squeezing with all her might. No accident. Thank you, Lord.

9. From down-home cookin' recipe: "Combine milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened."

10. PG to PP after breakfast: "Daddy, you can go first because you're holding all that stuff." Awe. Good manners, PG!

11. Me to PG from her bathroom after brushing teeth: "Go get your PJs on from your closet."...PG: "YOU go get the PJs."....WHAT? I'm sorry, I thought you were FOUR YEARS OLD little Miss Sassy. Spank. Tears. "I'm sorry, Mommy."

12. While ironing and watching The Tigger Movie with PG: Roo--"What is this doo-hicky?"...Tigger--"Why that's no doo-hicky! That's a thingamabob and I never even knew I had it! This is the EXACT thingamabob I was looking for!" I know just how you feel Tigger.

13. From the kid version of Who Moved My Cheese?: "For a change, Haw did not listen to Hem. He said, "It's time to change and find New Magical Cheese!"

11 comments:

Terri said...

Those are great! I like hearing about your "hearings" from the week. Its great about J and the ring! I am happy for her. Have a blessed day. Since I can't get Funderstorm to email me or anything, please tell her I said hi and miss her. Thanks. I hope she is ok.

Holly said...

Hi. I'm Holly. Our family has also adopted from China. Feel free to stop by my blog as well!

www.hollysmeimei.blogspot.com

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

What??????trying not to be confused- and you know about what part- email us=)
oh & figure your gas$$$$$$ it really might be cheaper to fly(specials)- of course that comes from someone who goes thru over $100 a wk in fuel and has put 10,000 on a vehicle since Mar.1st! and only left town once.

Sheryl said...

OH, I HATE it when my boys tell me they have to "go Poop" within min. of me just taking them pee! Did you not feel that it was coming when we were in there a few min ago? Ugh. She is such a cutie!

Mommy Spice said...

Love it!! The Tigger comment is soooo cute! Thingamabob...I have some of those too. Don't you just LOVE when they need to go potty in the store and you have to walk all the way the opposite direction. Spicy Girl has pulled that on me, and had a "false alarm." Then we go all the way back where we were, and suddenly she HAS to go. UGH!!

GloryandGrace said...

Did I tell you that we went to Kentucky Kingdom the day after that?? What's REALLY creepy is that ride is one of the very first things you see when you walk in the main gate...

Nikki said...

Those are fun.
Thanks for the update (with number 1) I was wondering.

Sheryl said...

Isn't it great to have a husband that appreciates your work in the kitchen?

Kelley said...

Great TT! Emily is also in that sassy 4 year old stage...ugh. We're going to WDW in October too, but we're flying and sitting in a seat for 2 hours is going to be enough of a challenge for a 4 yo and a 2 yo. Could not imagine driving with the glamour girls!We're going to be there 10/6 - 13. And, I learned something new today. I did not know that there was a kid's version of Who Moved My Cheese. Gonna check that out!

ladybug said...

okay in defense of pandapop don't do the driving thing. Now remeber I do have experience in this area of child in car. You will be much less stressed if you fly and your baggage is taken care of and you just have to get on and get off the airplane. I thought a GREYHOUND trip to Surprise Arizona for the Rangers first spring camp would be a great memorable opportunity. It was ... As our worst vacation ever!!!!
Anyways I vote for PandaPop
Our adventure for the summer is Parent taught Drivers Ed starting Monday with Ryan!!!!!

polkadot said...

just another china-mom stopping by to check out your blog, and it's fun! I'm on deck to go back for round two in Nanchang soon. http://shuey6.info