Friday, June 15, 2007

Character Camp 2007!



We are back from Children's Camp! What a blessing to have over 140 campers all from our new church!!! I do believe that this had to be one of the THE best week's in PandaPop's entire life. I was bursting with joy FOR him. We have walked a long hard road in ministry so we are thankful to God for His hand of blessing through this week. We had such an amazing time getting to know the camp sponsors, playing with the kids, and just doing the whole camp thing. We are already looking forward to next year at this place. Really we are looking forward to MANY years at the camp. The camp is only in its fourth year. There are new trees and all the cabins are new as well as the worship center. I took PandaGirl's picture in front of one of the small trees so that each year I can take the same picture and watch how she and the tree (the whole camp) grow up together.

The first day we were blessed that PG had a little friend to play with while we were there. The owner's son is five years old and he & PG hit it off great. I gave PG lots of freedom and independence to roam the camp-grounds with him. She loved the play and I loved watching her!

We are tired, need to unpack and have lots of laundry to do. Have a great weekend!



Goody table for the adult sponsors...YUM!

First day. Skinned knee. Bummer. PG was telling me to NOT take her picture! Sorry, PG, I have to document everything! ; )

PandaPop with the camp speaker and worship leader. They were such a perfect fit and did an incredible job of leading the kids to Jesus!

Traditional self portrait. Great of PP and PG, but I have no makeup on and don't really look all that great!

PG after a dip in the pool.

Totally precious pic of my two loves on western night!

PP and PG both going down the water slide!

PandaPop's looooong slide down the tarp!

Me and my famous rainbow umbrella to keep my skin safe from the sun.

If there's one thing we here in Texas can't do without in the summer it has to be OFF!!!! The mosquitos will just carry you away without it! LOL!

PandaGirl getting lots of attention from the Campers.

Beautiful Texas sunset. Ahhh.

14 comments:

Elise said...

Looks like you all had an amazing week!

Adele said...

Nice to see you all made it home and had such a fun week at camp. I love all of the pics you posted. I missed your blog while you were gone.
It looks like PG had a blast at camp as well. I bet all of the kids spoiled her. I love the one of her and PP kissing. So precious!
I pray that lives were changed during the week of the camp.

Adele said...

Oh, and I am loving that snack table. HAHA.

redmaryjanes said...

Love all of the pictures. Our vacation bible school is next week. Wish me luck!

Phat Girl said...

I'm glad you are back! Congrats on a great Camp Week!

Sheryl said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait till my kids are old enough to go to camp!!

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Kim

Polar Bear said...

What a FUN, FUN week! It looks like a great camp.

I think you look great in your self-portrait.

Steffie B. said...

It looks like you all had a great week. 140....wow that is something!

Thanks for the b-day wishes!

Mommy Spice said...

Looks like so much fun. I can't wait to hear all about it. I love the picture of Panda Girl and Panda Pop on Western day!! We'll see you tomorrow!

Terri said...

It looked like such fun. I would love to know what camp it is and where it is. Don't forget to email me sometime and catch me up.

VBS starts tonight! Way fun!

kitchu said...

What an incredible week! And the pics are awesome!

Team Mom said...

Camp looks like a great success! I have the best memories of church camp. "H" will be going on his first mission trip in a few weeks. Hope to see you soon!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

So glad your back! Looks like it was a blast!