Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Blast...Texas Style!!!


Old Man Winter blew in yesterday with a huge BANG! We went from a high of 80 on Wed. to holding out at 29 degrees on Thursday. Only in Texas! One city a couple of hours west of where we are dropped 18 degrees in less than 10 minutes. Brrrr. We are used to crazy weather changes around here, but this one was a bit much for the body to take. I adore cozy-ing up in my home with my family watching movies and staring at our Christmas tree lights, but this particular night was very special to me. I had been planning for months to attend a huge Christmas event in a city an hour and a half from me. The interstate was just too dangerous with ice to get there and I missed it, not to forget that I paid for very expensive tickets. Pooh. Very sad and disappointed. It turns out that PandaPop came down with a fever and needed some TLC from me. Life goes on and there will be some other fun event to come along. I am grateful for being healthy and safe with my hubby and PandaGirl. BTW, she thought the cold was sooooo fun! You northerners will laugh hysterically at the pic of our "snow" on the ground, but it was fun for a four year old. I get a bit giddy myself when the weather is cold and there is an excitement in the air that Christmas is all around us. Believe me, we have gone looking at Christmas lights with shorts on and the windows down on the vehicle.....NOT fun. The pic at the bottom is out my back yard area. Just a glorious site of God's creativity.


10 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

That's awesome! I spent a good bit of the day yesterday just happy for my Texas gang :) You know I have the same feelings about Christmas and the cold weather rushing in (and yesterday it really was rushing!), so I do hope you guys truly enjoyed it :)

Stephanie said...

What fun your little one is having!:-)

Phat Girl said...

Great Pics!

elizabeth said...

For some reason, I thought you lived south of me. Looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem so. Are you west or north of me?

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Oh My Gosh. I had no idea! its like 70's here- Isn't that strange.. I haven't even put up christmas deco because its hot and I don't feel like its time yet until it gets chilly- hummmm. Well I am not griping- you know I don't like the cold... Just so weird to see those pictures of what used to be home with snow!

Mommy Spice said...

Oh, I love that last picture! Beautiful! I wish I would have waited to take our outside pics. We got a lot more icy/snow after those pictures I blogged. It sure was fun. I'm just glad we get to wear long sleeves now.

Paula Harrington said...

Atleast you got some snow. We were anticipating a snow day but all we got was 21 degrees! That was it. We would have been thrilled with the amount of snow you got :)

Love the pics!

JenLo said...

I hear ya! We actually were supposed to get it quite badly up here, but it really never came. My kiddos are chomping at the bits for some cold, snowy weather!

Stephanie said...

I miss the unexpected Texas weather out here in California. It is getting cooler almost every night now where we need sweaters or coats, but we can still wear short sleeves in the middle of the day. Hopefully, I will get a taste of the Texas weather when we visit at Christmas. Looks like you guys had a fun time.

Mardi said...

Beautiful picture! We've been getting chilly in AZ too! Our high was in the 50's! You should see all of us Arizonan's wrapped in scarves, hats, and mittens for 50 degree weather! :)