
Well, it seems as though China has decided to change the criteria for who gets to adopt baby girls from their country. They are putting into effect some pretty stout stipulations in order to be eligible to adopt. We are not going to fit this new set of standards. Just like that. Our adoption of Angela Hope is cut off.....or at least postponed. So many families are going to be devastated by this new set of rules. I am more than grateful that we already have our PandaGirl. I am grieving over the "loss" of Hope for the time being, but we believe that China will get back to regular adoptions eventually. So many people adopted in the past few years that I think they got a bit overworked and overloaded. Surely when things calm down they will allow more "average Joes" to continue to add to their family. The amazing thing is that with this information I didn't breakdown crying. Instead I prayed and called a local agency to get info on adopting domestically. We have had a name for a baby boy picked out almost as long as we have had PandaGirl. We always hoped that AFTER Hope we would be able to adopt him, but now it seems as though the timeline we had all figured out is changing. Isn't that just like God? Ya know, to do things His way and on His timeline instead of our own agenda??? I am actually at total peace and almost giddy over the thought of adopting a BABY boy!! Since we got PandaGirl at 15mos. old I will be a first time mom in a different sense. We want a baby this time, not a toddler. Wow. I have always gloried in the fact that the Lord chose for me NOT to have sleepless nights with a newborn and now I am actually going in head first! We still have a lot to pray through and of course, getting through the rest of the holidays and into the new year, but we are both very excited about the new changes coming our way. PandaPop and I are telling PandaGirl tonight that Baby Hope isn't in the plan that we have been telling her about. God is directing us in a new way. Hope is not a "no", but rather a "wait". What a lesson to teach our little one about our precious heavenly Father and His perfect ways whether we understand them or not. I will share the baby boy name in a later post when we have more information and a more clear direction as to what we are going to do. Thank you for your prayers. We are blessed no matter what happens. Trust.

14 comments:
Wow. I am humbled by your obedient response and sense of peace. The Lord is doing such a great work in your life and I am so excited to see where that will lead! Walking with you in your journey...
Wow, I truely did not think things had gotten that serious. I thought it was just another rumor going around. As a mother of boys, there is just something so special about them! I am so happy that you have not given up completely. We ourselves had to learn that our plan WAS NOT Gods plan. Now we have been blessed beyond measure! We will be there for you all in prayer & friendship.
You NEED to call ME!!!!
I am excited for you about the little boy that will join your family. YOu know, Spicy Girl keeps telling us that she wants a little brother. We tell her we are working on a little sister, but if she wanted a brother, she could pray for one. Only God knows.....
Love you!!
Praying for you and your family with these changes and all it signifies for you. I understand your grief about "Hope" (the new regulations threw us for a loop too!) but God's ways ARE perfect. Your attitude is wonderful and God rewards those who are faithful. Thanks for sharing this with us and we look forward to further news.
Thanks so much for this post. It brings me to tears. I was completely disappointed and even cried a little with the new restrictions from China. I started praying about it, and realized it's God's timing, NOT my own. Oh, how I struggle with that so much in my life. I feel God pushing at me in a new direction too...Praise & Glory to our Heavenly Father. PandaMom, I am praying for you guys! Hugs!
We are praying for God's great plan and perfect timing for your family. Your faith and strength inspire me. We love you to pieces. Hugs all around.
We are praying for God's great plan and perfect timing for your family. Your faith and strength inspire me. We love you to pieces. Hugs all around.
"He sees the master plan
He holds the future in His hands
So don't live as those who have no hope
All our hope is found in Him--
We see the present clearly
But He sees the first and the last
And like a tapestry
He's weaving you and me
To someday be just like Him..."
I am continually encouraged by how you face such trials--with faith and assurance that He is GOOD. Even on days that are harder than others, such times are why I am spurred on in this race by your perseverance and steadfast hope in Him. I love you so much, and "I am confident that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." For the days when this season is going to be particulary trying, remember that.
With hinds feet~
Well, Hum...A little boy would be good. Local adoption vs. International- you will have done both by the time this is through-Its All good. Its all Him.
Also, Generations of Hope(in that other town you lived in)- have super quick adoption process from what I hear- especially if race is not an issue. They have grants as well- I used to have the directors name & number somewhere before the move- its a fairly new organization if you want to check it out as well.
I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! Check out our site, I have a picture & a counter! Thanks again for the help.
After I read your post, I heard it on the news and thought of you. I said a prayer that God would send just the right addition to your family, no matter where he/she is at the moment.
God is soo good. You are right about everything you said! Trust in Him. Like SCC says, "This is the great adventure". :)
I will keep following your blog, please keep us posted !! :)
What a spirit and encourager you are. We may not be accepted by China because of our weight but we will be trying to get in before the may 1st deadline..Thanks for being such an awesome servent
Post a Comment