Wednesday, November 29, 2006

You know, like Mary Poppins!


PandaGirl was getting ready this morning and I asked her to try and make her bed for the day. She is four and I understand that she won't get it how I like it (ya know, with the pillows actually ON the bed and the covers pulled up straight), but I give her some responsibility to learn that she must take part in taking care of our home.

She yelled into the other room, "Hey Mom, can you come make my bed?"
Me: "No, you can do it and then I will come help you finish it."
PG: "You can just do it quick."
Me: "Well, it is your job and I asked you to do it."
PG: "Can't you just poof it made like Mary Poppins?"

HAHAHAHA! I had to laugh at that one! Wouldn't it be just great to pull a "Mary Poppins" every now and then....or how about ALL the time? I can just see me pulling all kinds of fun things out of all those bags I collect and then floating around singing and smiling as my darling child sips her medicine with a bucket full of sugar...I mean spoon...and then when I was done with that little episode I could just blink myself skinny like I Dream of Jeannie!

8 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

That's cute. Spicy Girl hasn't seen Mary Poppins yet. We'll have to try that one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That is so funny! it would be nice to be Mary Poppins or I Dream of Jeannie!!!!

Phat Girl said...

Hello PandaMom! How are you guys doing? I missed reading your blog while I was on Vacation! Hugs & Love to the Panda Family! I will have to catch up on the Panda Family at lunch!

GloryandGrace said...

Mary Poppins: You know, you *can* say it backwards, which is "dociousaliexpiisticfragilcalirupes" - but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?

JenLo said...

Love that poofing myself skinny idea!

Mama Darling said...

Now that would be "In the most delightful way." Forget the diet and exercise program!

Gloria said...

I LOVE Pandagirls wisdom/wit, as well as her mother's creativity of mixing humor with the challenge...oh mercy, wouldn't that be wonderful. ha ha XOXOXO~~~