Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Morning


This has to be THE coolest picture I have ever seen!!!! Most of the time when my digital camera blurs it makes me really mad, because it is usually on a potentially great shot. This time, however, the blur totally worked to my advantage. PandaGirl was just moving quickly to the new dollhouse we had waiting for her in the living room and wahlah!!...this amazing picture is was happened. I can't wait to blow it up for scrapbooking. I couldn't have planned this pic at all. I LOVE IT!!!


This dollhouse has always been in PG's room as a white and pink storage shelf with cute little baskets. We painted it butter yellow and espresso brown and "wallpapered" it with scrapbook papers for her to have a huge dollhouse. We just weren't pleased with any that we saw at toy stores. We also don't really care for the cheap plastic blue and pink furniture, so instead we are piecing together the real stuff. Our great find was right before Christmas finding the furniture 50% off at a hobby store. Woohoo!! Now we can add more stuff for birthdays, etc. She loves it and has little Asian people in it. I don't know what I was thinking when I made a kitchen, living room, bedroom, etc. and expected all the furniture to remain in its appropriate place. HA! She is four and the first thing she did was rearrange ALL the furniture to different rooms. Oh well, it's HER house and she can decorate any way she wants. Too funny!

6 comments:

Jinglebritches said...

Guess who else recieved a doll house (which I painted) and Asian family. I think we are living parallel lives.
Hugs.

Tao's Mommy said...

Ohhh that would've been so cool to see her face in real life!! Every girl needs a doll house. I bet she has been playing non-stop with it since!!

Much Ado said...

Great pictures, looks like she's in her element!!! Love what you did with the scrapbook wallpaper, how creative!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

What a great job on the doll house!
Something she will never forget-
You really have some great pictures! And a cute kid!

Gretchen said...

That is darling! You did a great job with the colors and everything, I would like to live in it if I were small. :)

I remember when my little sister was about 3 and she got a doll house and she didn't want to open any more presents because she just loved it so much, and she just wanted to play with it! :)

Happy New Year!

Mommy Spice said...

Love the dollhouse!! I want to come play with it. My little cardboard dollhouse I had as a child was one of my favorite toys.