Wednesday, December 06, 2006

All I Really Want for Christmas....



Last year Steven Curtis Chapman came out with this new Christmas CD with this very poignant song about an orphan needing a family. Because our daughter is in our family due in part to the Chapman family making the first move I feel a sort of a connection to them as do other adoptive families with children from China. The song is ficticious, but so real to people like us who are holding or who are waiting to hold one of the precious little ones who need a mommy and daddy. Sometimes my throat chokes up so tight at the reality of what our daughter went through before we could get to her. Angels were watching over her until the perfect moment when we met. Of course, the angels still keep watch and the Lord's hand is always on her. Now as our family of three gears up for another VERY L-O-N-G wait for Angela Hope to be in our arms we pray for those families who are on the brink of getting their bundle yet it still seems so far out of reach for them. It is painful to wait. We grow in the waiting. My wish is that we had our little Angela Hope for THIS Christmas, but that won't happen for another couple of years the way China is dragging their feet. All I can rest in is the fact that I KNOW God is in control. His timing is perfect. We have an amazingly beautiful almond-eyed darling to laugh with and watch as Christmas can only be seen through the eyes of a four year old with such wonder and awe. We are so looking forward to this magical Christmas season. Every year as I grow closer in my relationship with my heavenly Father, I find myself more in awe of the Grace and mercy I am afforded because the Word CHOSE to become flesh and walk among us. Baby Jesus. His birthday is coming up, ya know. What present are YOU going to give Him? Nothing I have to give is worthy enough, yet he accepts any offering I choose to give. What a gracious God. If you don't the Jesus I am talking about personally or if you don't have the hope in your heart that I have then click on my first link to a new life in Christ.

The music that accompanies these lyrics really makes the song a tear-jerker, so go buy this awesome CD!!


Well I don’t know if you remember me or not
I’m one of the kids they brought in from the home
I was the red-haired boy in an old green flannel shirt
You may not have seen me – I was standing off alone
I didn’t come and talk to you, ‘cause that’s never worked before
And you’ll prob’ly never see this letter anyway
But just in case there’s something you can do to help me out
I’ll ask you one more time

All I really want for Christmas
Is someone to tuck me in
A shoulder to cry on if I lose
Shoulders to ride on if I win
There’s so much I could ask for
But there’s just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas is a family

Well I guess I should go ahead and tell you now
If it’s really true about that list you have
Somehow I always seem to end up in a fight
But I’m really trying hard not to be bad
But maybe if I had a brother or a dad to wrestle with
Well, maybe they could teach me how to get along
And from everything I’ve heard
Sounds like the greatest gift on earth would be a mom

All I really want for Christmas
Is someone to tuck me in
A shoulder to cry on if I lose
Shoulders to ride on if I win
There’s so much I could ask for
But there’s just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas

Is someone who’ll be there
To sing me “Happy Birthday”
For the next 100 years
And it’s OK if they’re not perfect
Well, even if they’re a little broken, that’s alright
‘Cause so am I

Well, I guess I should go
It’s almost time for bed
And maybe next time I write you
I’ll be at home

‘Cause all I really want for Christmas
Is someone to tuck me in
Tell me I’ll never be alone
Someone whose love will never end
Of all that I could ask for
Well, there’s just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas
All I really want for Christmas is a family

Just a family

That’s all I really need

9 comments:

Mama Darling said...

It is a beautiful song.
Have you heard Merry Christmas by Third Day? The lyrics are posted on this blogsite on the Nov. 8 entry: www.hattonfamily.blogspot.com

You might want to get a tissue before you view it.

Mommy Spice said...

You beat me to it. I was going to post this song as well. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Once again, I am reading your blog without the tissus close at hand. You would think I would have learned by now. You are getting soooo good at this, you are truely the "BLOG DIVA"!!!!

Anonymous said...

Once again, I am reading your blog without the tissus close at hand. You would think I would have learned by now. You are getting soooo good at this, you are truely the "BLOG DIVA"!!!!

Phat Girl said...

When do you think you will finally hold Angela Hope in your arms?

JenLo said...

*sniff* We'll be thinking especially about little Angela this Christmas and hoping she'll join your family sooner rather than later.

Gloria said...

I love your blog of "Angela Hope" but My heart and eyes cried to the fullest at last nights news... where the elite Foster Family (in your town) threw their beautiful little foster girl out the window to her death from their elegant/gorgeous two or three story brick home. (unthinkable)

I cry for ALL... " little Angela Hopes" and Andre Treymar's.... (where-ever) who have little to-- NO HOPE, no Christmas, no Jesus....so little joy and that sometimes even death... which is sometimes their greatest reward-because at least it brings them heaven, peace and love. My heart cries, my anger churns, my soul prays!

In that same light...I also can't help but say a special prayer for a Special Mommy across that huge, cold ocean of vastness... who also needs to know how much HER precious little baby she left in a hotel begging for help beyond her own...is now so loved and cared for by my baby. ~~~~~~~~~xoxo

My favorite Christmas Song for the present: CW...''The Greatest Gift of all" (Harmony is soul rendering....beautiful but not tissue melter like dear Steven's, tho

Merry Christmas, Jana, as you already know....Jesus is the Reason for the Season, & God is the giver of all good and perfect gifts...wow & sooo that's obviously what MAKES CHRISTMAS MERRY all year through!!! xoxoxo M~~~~~~~~

Gretchen said...

Make me BAWL!!

I found your blog through Glorious Grace, and I was SO inspired by your post. How blessed you are with your precious little girl -- she's a doll! I have always had a place in my heart for adoption, and am quite sure that is something my husband and I will try to do someday (if the Lord allows).

Funderstorm said...

Mmmm. My thoughts, too. It moves me. You have a gift and you don't even realize it. You bless me, friend. Thanks. Keep them (blogs)coming.