I know 26 is such a random number. It started out as 13, then 15, then 20, then 21, now 26 and by tomorrow it might be 30. These are the movies that I just love to watch again and again. They make me happy, smile, laugh, think, wonder, imagine, escape, dream, relax. PandaPop and I have always loved to quote movie lines. We love having that little secret thing between us in a group of people when we quote a line from a movie to each other and totally know what the other is doing while other people are staring at us like we are crazy! Now we have PandaGirl quoting lines from HER movies...too cute! These are in no particular order. Any of these your favorites, too??? Let me know what you like!

























15 comments:
Great Movies!!
"Why don't you go back to your doublewide and fry something." Sweet Home Alabama
"For---eeee---verrrr" The Sandlot
I didn't see "Singin in the Rain" for the first time until about a month ago--can you believe it?
Do you still watch "Enchanted Christmas" every year?
And now let us tip our hats to this genius of a movie:
-------------------------------
MOM: Honey, I want you to make some friends this summer, lots of them.
SMALSS: Yeah, I know. But I'm not good at anything, mom. Face it, I'm just an egghead.
-------------------------------
SQUINTS: It's about time Benny, my clothes are goin' outa style.
-------------------------------
SMALLS: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?
HAM PORTER: You're killing me Smalls!
-------------------------------
SMALLS: Oh yeah, the Great Bambino. Of course! I thought you said the Great Bambi.
HAM PORTER: That wimpy deer?
Smalls: Yeah, I guess. Sorry.
-------------------------------
SQUINTS: Come on, Benny. Man. The kid is a...[with his thumb and index fingers of both hands]
L, 7, Weenie!
YEAH YEAH: Yeah. Yeah. Oscar Meyer even. Foot long! A Weenie!
-------------------------------
TIMMY: Smalls, you mean to tell me you went home, swiped a ball that was signed by BABE RUTH, brought it out here and actually played with it?
TOMMY: And actually played with it?
-------------------------------
HAM PORTER: Oh, here's your glasses. Did you plan that?
SQUINTS: [puts on his glasses] Of course I did. Been planning it for years.
I love most of your movies too! A few of my favorites are Legends of the Fall, Notebook, Notting Hill, Gone with the Wind, Rush Hour I & II, Bruce Almighty....I love sad movies & comedies too!
"Like I can tip a cow by MYSELF!"- Sweet Home Alabama
"You have a baby- in a bar"- Sweet Home Alabama (there are so many more from this movie)
"You play baseball like a GIRL!"- Sandlot (some beat me to all the other ones!)
A Knight's Tale- there are entirely too many quotes to list them all. We watched our copy so many times it is ruined (the kids weren't quite so gentle when they were younger) and now we have to buy another copy! And the music- I have never seen a movie utilize music so perfectly.
You've Got Mail- There are so many wonderful ones in this movie too!
Mike doesn't get how I store all these movie quotes that I keep stored in my head and use. He tells me I have useless trivia. He can't even remember whether or not he has seen a movie. He wen't the video store the other day and decided to rent a couple and actually came home with one we had watched less than a month ago through netflix. THen of course like always- we returned it late! This is why I only like to use netflix. It saves me so much money.
Thanks for the fun!
Here's one from You've Got Mail:
Thank your.
"Francisco."
"Just Breathe."
I agree with latte-n-libre (by the way...love that name!) there are too many to quote here.
But I've corrupted my children and now they quote their favs, too!
"Don't cry, Shop Girl"...Love that movie!
The word is out on you o-NEE-ders!
--------------------------------
Lenny: Oh come on. Oh, there he goes off to his room to write that hit song "Alone in my principles."
--------------------------------
Lenny: You see, we're not "The Wonders" right now. We're "Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters".
This is one of my favorite lines from one of the movies on your list. Actually it's 3 lines, each said by a different character. I haven't seen it in ages. Can you name the movie?
"I want some peace and quiet around here!"
"I'll be quiet."
"I'll be Peace."
You asked about my template. It's a custom template from Bluebird Blogs. Susie does a great job!
I'd first like to say that I'm having WAY too much fun with this, and I'd also like to say that I really do have a job for which I get paid :) Here are some more:
---------------------------
Dean: I'm telling you right now British women do not age well. Eight years ago she was a luscious treat, you know, she probably looked like, you know, Baby Spice, now she could look like...
Jonathan: Old Spice.
---------------------------
Salesman: So... you write for the obituary?
Dean: Absolutely.
Salesman: Hmm. You must be very proud.
Dean: Uh-huh. I'm the one with the last word.
Salesman: Not tonight.
Dean: Yes, I am.
Salesman: Don't think so.
Dean: Absolutely.
Salesman: Fat chance.
Dean: Still talking!
Salesman: Last line!
I love lots of those. I could probably watch Parent Trap and quote every single line. Maybe I'll try to do that again soon!
We have so many wonderful movies in common!
Nice I bumped into your site. Have you seen Sense and Sensibilty, While You Were Sleeping?... Excellent!
For the Holidays Christmas in Connecticut (Barbara Stanwick/Dennis Morgon) is one of my favorites. It is so cute, sweet and very romantic.
I can't take the credit (except for The Sandlot quotes, hehe):
www.imdb.com
If you type in the movie you want and then scroll down the page, you'll see where you can view the familiar quotes from the movie.
And no, I've never seen Elf before.
This was a great post!! I may have to copy it later.
BTW- Who could forget Tommy Boy:
"Loo-Loo-Loo, Laa-Laa-Laa....Luke, I am your faaa-therrrr."
"Fat man in a little coat."
"That's gonna leave a mark!"
Post a Comment