Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tea Time



Last year I started a tradition of taking PandaGirl to a tea room for her birthday and buying her a tea cup since her Chinese name means "tea". For the first year it was just me and her and we had a wonderful time! She did such a great job of sipping her hot tea out of a glass tea cup and saucer. I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE tea rooms!!!!! It is one of my most favorite things to do! This year we invited our friends from over at HunanSpice and today is the first time we could all actually get together even though PG's birthday was two weeks ago. I was disappointed because this amazing place we went to served our tea in plastic diner-like cups and served the girls in white styrofoam cups! YUCK!!! The tea rooms I usually go to serve in goblets and REAL tea cups!!! The food was just so, so, but the company was great and the girls loved it! I also started an 8X8 scrapbook just for these birthday tea room visits until PG is at least 18 years old. Hopefully she will like all the tea cups I buy through the years. She helps pick them out, but later she can do her own shopping. I love this tradition and can't wait for next year!!

7 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

We had fun. I love the tea cup idea. I had forgotten your reasoning for buying the tea cups. That's perfect!

Hey, did you see the icky spider on my blog?

Phat Girl said...

I love going to tea rooms. There is a great little tea room in downtown Mckinney, one in Gradbury, and one in Plano (not the best food, but it's close). I think it's a great tradition you started for PandaGirl! I wish my Mom would have started something like that for me! Enjoy the cooler weather!

Snow White said...

Which one did you go to? I just found out that the nearby town where I shop has an antique mall and tea room that is good. I'm so excited. I'm going to take the man of my dreams there. He is so good to go to Tea Rooms with me. His only standard is that a real Tea Room serves Broccoli Cheese Soup. Got to love him!!!!!!!

JenLo said...

I've never been to a tea room, but it looks so fun!!

Stephanie said...

It looks like such a fun girl thing to do and what a wonderful yearly tradition!

You Little O Wife said...

There is a wonderful tea room on Montgomery Steet and I-30 just west of downtown Fort Worth. It is called the Secret Garden and it is inside the Montgomery Street Antique Mall. It's so fun and it has GREAT food- and it's where I took my bridesmaids for lunch the day before my wedding.

GloryandGrace said...

Yes, and I have pictures from that very tea room where YLOW took her bridesmaids...heehee :)