Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tradition



About nine years ago my good friend, Ginger, got me started on making sugar cookies in the fall. She and I have a similar love for autumn and everything that is associated with it. She showed me how easy it is to purchase refrigerated Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, roll it out with some flour and use cookie cutters. Bake, frost, ENJOY! We have done this several times with each other's family over the years, even after we both moved away from each other. Ever since then I have been making the super easy and totally fun cookies for fall, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter. I got Panda-Girl started making her very own RIGHT after we got her. She would have been 17 mos old, I guess. I have pictures of her sitting on the kitchen counter, making Easter bunnies and she has flour on her nose. So cute! This is a tradition that will go on for a long time around our house. FUN!

11 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Ohhhhh.... so sweet. I love the baby panda picture. I need to do more baking with S.G.

Mommy Spice said...

I found another fun adoption shopping site. It's on my links...Adopt Shoppe.

GloryandGrace said...

The name of your blog made me start singing the song from "Fiddler on the Roof" outloud. Do you know the one I'm talking about? "Traditiooooooon--TRADITION!"

Those pictures are SO cute and I love that you've started some of your favorite traditions with her. What's so crazy is that the last time I saw Zoe, she looked more like that picture of her up on the countertop than she does now! She's grown so fast in just a year's time!!

GloryandGrace said...

The title of your post made me start singing the song from "Fiddler on the Roof" outloud. Do you know the one I'm talking about? "Traditiooooon--TRADITION!"

I love that you've started some of your favorite traditions with PandaGirl. What's crazy is that I remember her looking more like the picture of her sitting up on the countertop than current pictures you have of her. She's grown so much in just a year's time!!

GloryandGrace said...

The title of your blog reminds me of the song from "Fiddler on the Roof"--do you know the one I'm talking about? "Traditioooooon--TRADITION!"

I love that you've started your own favorite traditions with PandaGirl. I remember her looking like the picture you posted of her sitting on the countertop, and just can't believe how much she's grown in just a year! So fun :)

GloryandGrace said...

I'm a Geek...the comment thing wasn't working earlier, so I didn't realize it had actually posted my first comment! So now you have two, basically saying the same thing, but worded just a little different...

Stephanie said...

I love baking sugar cookies. Yours look very tasty and pretty. Caleb and I started the same tradition when he was a little over a year old. Caleb loves making them from scratch. He doesn't like the final product but loves eating the dough as he's creating. I'm sure Josiah will enjoy it as well this year.

GloryandGrace said...

Did I say I posted the same comment twice?? Let me correct myself--you have THREE of the same comments from me...

You Little O Wife said...

What a fun tradition! You've inspired me to bake something...
I can't believe PandaGirl has grown so much! I would love to have ya'll over soon...are your weekends busy right now?

Mommy Spice said...

Hey- go to my links, click on Three Wishes, and listen to the Chinese Pod song. It's so cute!!

JenLo said...

So cute!