My heart is heavy. After reading about all the events with the Chapman family and all the love from all over the world during their time of unthinkable loss I have just pondered the wonderful honor it is to be a part of something so big. This adoption thing. My daughter. I am connected to so many people because of her existence in our life.
How blessed I am to have never carried a child in my tummy.
I don't think I would have ever thought of adoption for us if I were to have had biological children. God knew better. His plan was best. I am a better person for knowing each of the families I have met with a Chinese daughter. These girls are connected to each other even if they never meet. God is doing something mighty and wonderful by allowing these girls to become part of something bigger than themselves.
What a privilege to have a daughter from China.
That is not to mean anything negative to those who only have biological children. I just feel blessed to have walked this road and found friends along the way who share a connection to China. Despite any differences, we are bonded because of our daughters.
I don't really know the babies in the random pic above, but in a way I do. My daughter was one of those girls in a crib like that once. My life is filled with abundant blessings because she started out all bundled up like that. I feel connected to the Chapman family not just because of his amazing music, but because of our daughters.
Overwhelming grace, never-ending mercy. What a gift to be an adopted child of God. That's what we are as Christians. Believers. Once lost, now found. Adopted by the God of all creation. Bonded. Eternally.
The Chinese character for Daughter.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Ponderings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



17 comments:
That was your best post yet! How very touching. My precious little girl was once one of the many babies lined up in a crib, too. You're right, that we do all have a connection to one another through our beautiful children. Adoption is truly one of God's greatest gifts.
Amen sister..isn't it amazing the connection we all have. Just tonight we took Annslee to her dance class and a mom was there with her Chinese daughter and we merely exchanged knowing looks : )
I couldn't imagine not knowing Zoe. You are blessed!
maude
Loved the post...my special friend.
Love this post from your heart....it made me cry!
I feel the same way, my Texas Sister!!! We are forever tied with that invisilbe red thread. Love you to pieces!!
What a great post. I love how God can use our heartache and send us down another path that is equally or more blessed.
Thank you for sharing!
That is awesome. Another dear friend of mine went and got her daughter last year. She is precious and loved. Yesterday at field day she was tugging on her mom saying "mommy, mommy" she is not 2 yet. God placed special people like you and her in their lives to show them HIM! Keep it up.
I love you and I am more than thankful for you~
Oh Jana...your heart is so precious! Your little girl is so blessed to have you for her mommy...and SHE is truly your gift! God's hand is truly upon you sweet friend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart!
Love you,
Denise
Amen!!! I love how through our adoption of Lindy God healed my broken heart of not giving birth to a child. Better yet, I love how through adoption, I have a chance to live eternally in Heaven.
I'm part of an adoption fellowship group and the leader talked about how adoption isn't plan b or plan c. It is plan A. Interesting...
Thanks for sharing your deep, beautiful thoughts.
So blessed to "know" you through the red thread of adoption.
Love,
Lisa
Wow, its been since an emotional week and this is another one of those emotional blogs you just can't help but have your heart go out to.
You know I didn't adopt-but thats how my children sleep-anyway=)like that picture you have on here.
have a wonderful weekend my friend....
Hugs,
Steffie
Beautiful, beautiful post!!! I feel the same way and we do not even have our daughter yet...very sweet and encouraging words! THank you!
I feel blessed as well to never have become pregnant. I don't believe I would have adopted either, if not for our infertility. However, God's plan is always the best plan...it just doesn't seem clear to us at times. :) You are one of the families I feel blessed to have "met" through our journey to Lauren.
I could not agree more, my friend.
Well said.
Love you!
Oh, I agree. We feel the same way - if we had biological children we may not have ever adopted (well, we still haven't, but...)
lovely post. thanks.
Post a Comment