Friday, May 02, 2008
Loud & Clear Update.
Just so we are all clear, I am not TELLING anyone they must go read this book from the previous post. The readers of this blog should be adults and can make their own decisions. I believe that when reading FICTION books one MUST take everything written with a "grain of salt" and KNOW that it is ONE person's attempt to express something within themselves. As I said before, this book is NOT the Bible. It certainly is NOT heresy. I brought away some Truth from it. Didn't say that I agreed with every word. I am no scholar, but I have studied Scripture myself under solid teaching as well as having a husband with a Master's degree in theology. I am sure that some people who consider themselves "reformists" won't like this book because God is taken out of his box for them and that is scary. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON can explain God. His Word was given to all of us and we are to use discernment via the Holy Spirit, BASED on Biblical truths. I hope that I would not ever lead anyone astray from the Truth of God, but rather lead them straight to Him. Make sure you have read the book YOURSELF before solely relying on someone else's "review" just because they are in a leadership position. What they say might just be heresy, but you'd never know because you haven't educated yourself. Let's just say this post is a disclaimer for those who think that I have done something unbiblical by reading this fiction book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Well said.....
Excellent response! Very well said.
No comment.. Other than you crack me up, may I say you amuse me? Love visiting your blog!
WHERE'S THE JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is to answer you question from my blog :)
"I" took the Senior Adults to Savannah it was fun they had a blast and had me laughing the entire trip.
Great reply!!!
I have "Searching for God Knows What" as my religion on Facebook. A friend from college emailed me to say how sad it was I'd lost my faith. Sigh. I told her to google it. If anyone gets so bent out of shape because you recommend an awesome fiction book, they need to get a life!!!! It is okay to let God out of his box.
I work in secular media, but freelance in the Christian world. I'm constantly dumbfounded by "Christians" who think I'm out of God's will for working in mainstream media.
I have read this as well - and posted on my book blog for people to share what they thought - I did have some reservations about parts of it, but I am totally with you - it challenged me in other parts - worth the read and leaves you hungering to get closer to God.
Amen, Sister!
Ha Ha....as a fellow "splat" on the street, I feel you! I have been thrown under the bus a LOT in the last 2 weeks. LOL!!!
You are right, we are all adults. I will probably read this (and it will probably sit on my nightstand right next to Harry Potter, The Golden Compass and Dr. Dobson!) (TONGUE IN CHEEK, PEOPLE!!!! I've read all the HP books...they are all in a stack under my bed. LOL)
Hey - hope you're doing great! Will try to read the book this summer. Where did you get the buckets?
Snowwhite
Well, said, as others have done so. It amazes me that anyone would think you are off line when you are so clear on so many things, like the Oprah deal. God "speaks" to us through many avenues and if we are listening to His voice we will hear it.
God can do ALL things!!! even speak to someone thru fiction! i loved this book & how it challenged me to continue to improve on my relationship with God & with the people He loves!!!
kb
Post a Comment