Many of the staff at our church have read this book. PandaPop said it was an absolute must for me to read. I am not a fast reader like him, but I just finished it yesterday. Many of you could read it in an evening. Can't even explain it in this small paragraph. Basically it is a poignant look at Who God is. It is not the Bible, but it certainly has given me a broader scope of Who I serve and Who I am the daughter of. Some of you might not like it. All I can say is that there are many truths of God in this work that are Biblically based concerning the character and heart of God. I hope you are as moved as I am. If you want more info then visit theshackbook.com
The line that got me: "Forgiveness is not about forgetting, Mack. It's about letting go of the other person's throat." That was the God character talking to a man whose six year old daughter has been murdered.
Make sure you don't put the book down before chapter 8. That's when it really kicks in like you've never read before. Let me know what you think---even if you don't like it.
Thursday, May 01, 2008
More Than Thought Provoking...Life Altering
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I will check this out! Thanks! :)
I love to read the kind of books that you can't put down. That is why I love reading Karen Kingsbury so much. I will have to check this one out. Thanks for telling me about another great book.
While I was on the Savannah tour last week I read 3 1/2 books.
yeah - yeah - great book - WHERE'S THE JEEP!!!!!
I've heard SO MUCH about this book! I've got to read it!
Be careful, PandaMom. Al Mohler and Mark Dever call this book heresy. Please read their thoughts on it and listen to Al Mohler's radio program he did about it. Do not get carried away by lies about who this person says God is. And please don't recommend it to those who are guided by your influence.
And I mean that with much love and compassion. Please don't read my previous comment with an arrogant attitude. I am coming to you with anything but arrogance.
J.O. told me about it... I did not like it at first and really thought I wouldn't finish it... but kept reading.. I understand the reason for the review that was brought up, but I came away in the end very glad that I read it. I went into it knowing it was fiction and though there may be issues with some Biblical foundation of what was implied in the book, I found that the things I didn't like in the beginning (God in human woman form, etc) were the things I took away at the end with more interest... I think if nothing else it gives you a warm feeling of knowing God wants to be in a personal realationship with you and that you can do so much to build that relationship more...
All my friends are reading it...can't wait until I don't have to read textbooks and I can read it too!
I JUST heard about this book this week and I have it on my list to get this weekend!!
I think you told me about this book. I will make it a summer read.
OMG, I just ordered this book. Can't wait to read it.
I will check it out! Sounds VERY interesting...and I need a good book, cuz I haven't been reading at all lately!
I'm guessing you've read "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers? It is my favorite fiction/Christian book.
i started reading this yesterday, and i don't want to put it down. i usually can't get immersed in fiction, but this is great.
great blog, by the way. i think there is a good chance you are the blogging queen.
if you would like, read my blog and give me some feedback.
peace be with you,
.:rustinklafka
Post a Comment