A few posts ago I shared my enjoyment for the book The Shack. I was offended by a comment and instead of taking time to think clearly I responded with another post as a disclaimer.
That was wrong and I am sorry.
I still love the book and stand by what I said about it, but please know that I am openly admitting that I did not respond in a grace-filled manner, but rather from my own defenses.
I want to thank my very close personal friend for gently speaking truth to me. We differ greatly about the book, but we still serve the same God who teaches forgiveness and repentance.
If there are those of you who read this blog and don't comment and were offended by my response then I truly apologize for misrepresenting Jesus Christ to you. He is good all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Your disclaimer post did hurt my feelings since it seemed like you were directing it at me personally because of my comment on The Shack post. Thank you for apologizing. I forgive you.
I wasn't the least bit offended by your disclaimer. In fact, I thought you were right on. If your friend wanted to direct a comment to you in a grace filled manner, she could have spoken to you personally, rather than to call you out publicly. I think you're the one who should be offered an apology. Peace.
Please don't change a thing about who you are...we need more people like you to speak out in this world. I am proud of you and how you have handled this issue. I believe it is just as Jesus would do.
I will be reading The Shack, not because of your "influence" but because I like to read and I know I have found the Truth in Jesus Christ, so therefore, I do not need to hide from thought.
Gald you came to your senses! LMBO! JK! I really believe that most people dig deeper than the surface on issues. I quickly was able to eval. this person was and is into "books", therefore, her advice and wisedom comes from a vast input of what she empties into her mind on a regular basis. What we put in is what we get out. This is no problem- just easy to see. I wasn't offended at either or any of the remarks- just amused-I just love people. Do the quick formula- Conviction? or Condemnation- sounds like a little border-thing going on. Kick it to the curb.
Thank you for sharing your convictions, Panda-Mom. To publicly confess sinfulness is a very difficult and humbling thing to do. God has spoken to and convicted your heart - who are we, the readers, upon receiving this confession, to attempt to justify what you tell us God has clearly shown you is sin? That would serve only to discourage you from standing by your God-given conviction.
No, rather, we, your brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord, must receive your confession with thanksgiving to God. For those in whom God's Spirit resides, upon witnessing this act of dependence on and obedience to your Savior, our spirits cannot help but be compelled to glorify our Lord for his holiness and purity, for His mercy toward us, his children, as we strive to be like Him, as we stumble along the way, as we are thus molded more and more into His image.
You are very blessed to have a friend who would care so much about you to put his/herself in a position of vulnerability to gently speak Truth to you and increase your understanding so that you may continue in obedience to the Lord.
Thank you for all your life with us on your blog posts. I have received the gift of thankfulness to the Lord today as a result of reading this post.
Post a Comment