Sunday, June 01, 2008

Summertime!



Not blogging too often this summer...Too much to do! Here's a rundown of the summer's activities:

~Mini-book study with co-workers of John Eldredge's Epic

~Hosting a small weekly Bible Study at my house for some women from church-lasts 8 weeks

~Children's Camp!

~Swim lessons for PandaGirl

~Several playdates with friends

~Saying "good-bye" to my two very best friends in the world. One moved three hours away, the other is moving to the other side of the world in August. Yeah, nothing fun about typing these two events at all. Very heartbreaking for me.

~My 20 year high school reunion in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Details of that little diddy to come later! I graduated high school in 1989, but there's a rhyme & reason as to why the reunion is this summer...

~PandaPop's 39th birthday celebration

~Getting PandaGirl ready for Kindergarten and meeting the teacher

~Family visits, birthdays and anniversaries

~Training The Fur (the dogs) to walk on leashes
(and to stop that ridiculous B-A-R-K-I-N-G!!!)

~Vacation Bible School-leading the crafts for 1st-6th grade

~Going to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda, of course!!!!!

~Training for teaching at our Child Dev. Center again for the fall

~Celebrating mine & PandaPop's 16th wedding anniversary

~Getting a new mattress!!!!! First time in 16 years!!!!!!! Wooooohooooo!

~Refining ideas for fall medieval retreat for 5th & 6th grade at church

~Prepping for MOPS-Hospitality Coordinator for 2008-2009---most of my job will be done this summer before the year kicks off in September

~Leisure reading

~Scrapbooking

~Jeepin'!!!!!!!

All this only by the Grace of God, of course.

10 comments:

Adele said...

Sounds like you have a very busy summer planned out. We start our VBS bright and early in the morning and I should be in bed!!! I was at the church for 4 hours today decorating my crafts room. I am over crafts too! We are doing Outrigger Island. What about you guys?
My blog is not private yet. I haven't had time to type in all of those email addresses. HAHA. Have a great week!

Kim said...

Wow---sounds busy, but fun!

Ashley said...

Sounds like fun!!

Anonymous said...

You all have a very busy summer planned. But it sounds like it will all be full of fun things to do besides your friends moving. Maybe we will get to visit some this summer.

Terri said...

Great plans!

Steffie B. said...

OMW....can we come to some of these spectacular events too? lol

I will miss your blogging but will check in often....

Hugs...
S*

Mardi said...

Sounds like a fun, fun time ahead! ;) I love summertime!

In answer to your question on my blog, Our LID is 3/07/06. Their inching their way to us! ;) Thanks for asking. What you said meant a lot. :)

Enjoy your summer days!! :)

Steffie B. said...

Hope you are well and having fun! ;)

Serendipity said...

Oh my! I'm tired just reading your list! It looks like you'll be having a wonder-FULL summer!
Enjoy!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I'm sorry you don't have anything to do this summer and will be so bored. :o)

Be safe! Have fun! Cherish all the memories that will be made (except for saying goodbye-boo, hiss).

Love,
Lisa