

Saturday night I went to the first secular concert that I have been to since 1989 when I saw Erasure! My friend, Abby celebrated her 30th birthday a few weeks ago and her hubby bought her four tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert. So I went for FREE! She invited another awesome friend who just turned 30 as well and then her sister-in-law who is under 30. Yeah, me, the grandma went and had a blast! Leanne Rimes and Brooks & Dunn were there, too on the Poet's & Pirates Tour. I don't drink alcohol of any kind so to have beer spilled all over my foot from the guy behind me was a treat. Not. The sadness there was the countless people I saw who seemed to portray that the high from the concert was their only real joy in life. One girl in particular looked my age and looked really hot....meaning a great body and dressed darling...but she jokingly/seriously told the people in front of us that "yeah, my husband is out scr*w*ng somebody else, but it'll only take a minute."---while she gestured with her hands the "act". I was so sad for her that she felt like that's "just" the way life is. I wanted her to know the hope of Jesus, but did I say anything? No. I just prayed for her. I enjoyed myself, but I honestly kept thinking how awesome it would be to be worshiping my God with Third Day, Jeremy Camp or Newsboys on stage! LOL! I have loved country music all my life, but the lyrics to most of the songs are so sad and have no hope. I had a complete BLAST, though!!! I stood in my chair (like everyone else!) for two hours of Kenny (I wasn't going to stand in my chair for the other two acts!) and my calves are STILL killing me from balancing!

9 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT time! The picture of tiny Kenny made me laugh!
Sounds fun! I am not sure though how I should take the post. It sounded like there where alot of "crazy" people there and you called me saying you where thinking about us!LOL I guess it was o.k. that the concert made you think of us because I would have been one of the crazy ones there also! :) Don't get me wrong, I love going to Christian concerts but I also love going to a good old country concert also.
I was so glad that you came with me!! But now you owe me a Jeepin' ride! ha!ha!
Look at you in your cowgirl hat.....you are too sexy girlfriend! ;)
I do not believe I could have pulled that off as well as you did.And I am a concert-aholic! There is just not enough alcohol in this world to make me tolerate twang.
So after you called I sat there the rest of the night thinking Pandamom is at Kenny and I'm not...
I guess that is ok considering I have seen in so many times LOL. Glad you had fun and sorry you got the beer spilt on your foot.
Erasure!!!...."Oh L'amour, broke my heart and now I'm aching for you..." LOL, that was meant to be me singing! Wow, what a blast from the past and I thought they were only big over on this side of the pond.
Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the hat!
Even in the middle of something like that your sweet spirit cries out for others and it is an inspiration to us all to keep our focus, reach the lost. Prayer is so powerful so never say that is all you did, that was awesome. Some don't even do that.
I think the last concert I went to was Wynonna when Sami was 6 (her first concert). That was back when I was pretty much totally country. Fourstringpop used to take me to ROCK concerts! ugh! JK I never have time to go to a concert anymore. I am glad you got to go and have fun with your friends! That is always sooo much fun!
You know my friend I talk about who makes me feel "poor" and "fat"? Well, her little girl (toddler at the time) was in his video about the football player and cheerleader who got pregnant. Her baby was the baby in the video.
Post a Comment