Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008




Hebrews 12:1-3
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”


So many Believers have gone on before us. They are experiencing life as it was supposed to be...in perfection. We have that hope so we continue this race here on earth for the glory of God. He has a purpose for each one of us. The Steven Curtis Chapman family, like many other families in our world are facing dark skies like the pic below, but the Chapman's, however, have HOPE in Jesus Christ to lift them from the pain of their loss in order to keep running the race.

We are not here on this earth to buy more things or make a great name for ourselves. Our pastor told us yesterday that there are two things which will go on forever:

1. The Word of God
2. Human Souls

What are we spending our time on?

On this Memorial Day I am grateful for the soldiers who have served the USA to provide my freedom. I am also remembering loved ones who lived a godly life and have gone on home. They are the cloud of witnesses cheering me on to finish the race I have set out to run. I am remembering the ultimate price paid for me when Jesus gave His life to pay for my debt making me free forever. Only by the grace of God can I keep running.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true! I am thankful that the Chapmans do have their Father to lean on in these dark times. I just hope it is true for some family friends of ours. Their only son was found dead in his apartment this morning.(probably a drug overdose he has attempted this once before) Please be in prayer for this family, they are the Clamons.

Glorious Expressions said...

Beautiful tribute, words, Scriptures and reminders of the only 2 things that last forever.

Humbly may we all bow in honor of our God who GRACED this awesome nation a million times over and the memory of every soul and family who gave their greatest gift.

May we never forget those who gave their all OR take our nation or our freedoms for granted. Through Christ we are saved eternally and through God...America has STILL received the greatest of blessings! PTL amen

Carol Van Atta, Princess Warrior said...

I love your Blog. There is so much to be grateful for this Memorial Day and so much to be in prayer for. My father was a Navy man, who died when I was just fourteen. This is a day of remembrance for our family. Also, you look very familiar. Do you live in Oregon?
Blessings from Above, Carol

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Great post! It was very timely as our church just finished 13 weeks of a study of Hebrews.

Thank you for remembering the military and the spiritual giants!

Hope all is well with you.

Love,
Lisa

Kim said...

What a sweet post, Pandamom! I agree and love your reminder to us all!

Blessings,
Kim

Mommy Spice said...

Just wanted to say hi. I'm at my parent's house checking my blog. We are working on getting internet hookup at the ranch, but not sure if it will happen. You guys need to come see us.