What can I say? God blessed me through you precious people. I won't make it to all of the blogs personally, but--Thank you for your kind words, encouragement and just the fact that--though most of you only know me through this blog--you cared enough to say something to me. I sincerely appreciate all of you.
God is using all these disappointments of late to mold and shape me more into who He created me to be. Growing pains are yuckie no matter what your age.
I am always reminded of Jer. 29:11 that says, "I know that plans I have for you," delares the Lord, "plans to prosper you not to harm you; plans for a hope and a future."
I also hold close to His promise from Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight." There is such sweet comfort in both of those.
I am grateful for my amazing husband who "coaches" me through my valleys. He is my rock.
I adore my precious daughter who challenges me daily. She is God's gift to us---on loan from Him.
Yet again, my plans didn't work out the way I wanted. Yet again, God is faithful to see me through. I don't understand some things, but I trust His heart. He let His Son die for me in my wicked & depraved state. I can stand before God in purity because of that. Glory. Everything else here on earth compares not.
I will be deleting some of the newer blogs I linked on which are homeschool focused. If you find that you are one of those in which I delete....PLEASE, PLEASE don't take it personally. Rather take it as a huge compliment to the fact that I must have adored your blog and life to even link it to my own blog. For my own sanity, though, I have to not have the temptation to want to lurk around your blog and be jealous or covet your homeschool life. Sorry, that' just a precaution I am taking. I am sad about that because I found some blogs I truly love. I know me and I know that I would get caught up in wishing I could be "there" when in fact I just can't and won't fight with my daughter on a daily basis just to homeschool. I still hold true and fast to my beliefs about homeschooling, but we have to opt for our public schools here.
To bring this blog back to it's fun self (after all the drama over the past few posts!) I must introduce you to my new found friend. We've become very close. ; )
Sunday, March 30, 2008
It's All Good...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Hey, Lady! Now I don't have to be jealous of YOU--I always fancied honmeschooling but knew my kiddos and I would end up hating each other if I did it--so I didn't. But I always kinda wanted to. And I was jealous of you for a day or two ;)
But anyway, I put a youtube on my blog that I was totally thinking of you & PG when I posted it! The direct link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4PQ30VkBk
Love, Love, Love your new friend - I too am friends with the Java Chiller!!!!!!!!! :) I love you pal and I know you will do the right thing. Know that whatever you decide in the end, it will all work out. And hey, public school around here's not soooo bad. My kids are thriving. Love you. See you tomorrow.
I am sooo tempted to try those Java Chillers.
Glad you're feeling better. I understand the "growing pains" in a whole different realm right now.
Hugs!!
I understand where you are coming from. I homeschooled my oldest until the middle of 5th grade, and it was a battle most days. We are 2 similar personalities, and we butted heads daily. It wasn't good for us. I didn't want to 'give up'. When I finally decided public school was a better option for us, I got pity and sadness from my homeschool community. I felt judged.
Turns out public school was the best choice for my kiddos. They have opportunities I couldn't give them (fashion design in art class, dance team, school plays...), and my relationship with my daughter is no longer strained.
I still believe in homeschooling, but I honestly feel that if you are involved with what's going on with your child, it doesn't matter where they go.
Don't beat yourself up for a moment about deciding not to homeschool. :) ((((hugs!))))
First: SMOOCH! You know I love ya!
Second: We don't have a Sonic near us and it really causes me much pain and heartache.
Hey girl, I just wanted you to know that I read your last post and my heart just went out to you. I think you and I have SO MUCH in common. I totally understand where you were coming from. Don't beat yourself up. I just admire and respect you so much for being transparent and sharing your heart with us. Seriously, that means so much to me and it is an encouragement for me because I know that I am not the only one that goes through things like this.
You are a light in this dark world, Panda Mom. Jesus Christ truly shines through you.
By the way, I have stopped at Sonic the last two Wednesdays on our way home from dance. ;)
Love ya girl!
Love you!!!!
I love when you wrote "She is God's gift to us---on loan from Him." Precious!
Post a Comment