Monday, March 31, 2008

Down in the Dirt




Last week PandaGirl and I ventured into "gardening." Grandma gave us these purple Jew plants that are just a brilliant color. I want them to eventually flow across the front of our flower bed to fill in the empty space. PG saw that I had on bright orange gardening gloves and ran to her room to get HER gloves---satin-like Cinderella gloves. She had a great time digging until---

"AHHHHH, S-N-A-K-E!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed!

I looked down to see a 1 1/2 inch smidgen of a worm wiggling around in the soil. I started laughing, but it was no laughing matter to Farmer Jane beside me jumping up and down for dear life. After tossing the little worm which I accidentally cut in half, I had to convince PG that they were NOT snakes, but just little worms. We were, after all, messing with THEIR home. All in all we had a fun time planting, but the most fun PG had was plain old dirt digging.



11 comments:

JenLo said...

My Little Chic absolutely loves to garden too! It must be the nurturing thing.

Adele said...

This is exactly what Mallory did yesterday. Ron and Mallory planted some plants and she loved digging in the dirt. She was dirty from head to toe but she had fun! Love these pics of PG. She is so precious. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

We planted flowers this past weekend too.. but we did find a snake not a worm!

Ashley said...

Fun!! (except for the "snake" part!) The finished product looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like PG had fun even though she saw a "snake". That had me laughing. I love the purple flowers.

LaLa said...

What fun..we can't plant around here for a few more weeks but our windowsill is full of her plants right now : ) Love the SNAKE story!

Denise C said...

OH what fun!!! We love to plant here too!! Nothing like getting dirty! And...oh I must tell you...we dig worms...to fish with hee-hee!!! Blessings to you sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are amazing plants. I love purple.

jennypen said...

I completely feel PG's pain about the snake thing. One tried to EAT ME when I was mowing our yard last weekend!! I drove around a nice neighborhood to find someone to hire to finish, even though I despise paying others for things I can do. Just tell her that a combination of screaming, doing a crazy jumping jack move, and finding something tall to climb up on will keep her safe and sound.

R and R Stacy said...

HEY THERE! ZOE IS SO BIG! MISS YOU GUYS - HOPE ALL IS WELL.

Rmomof3 said...

Though I can handle worms relatively well SNAKES are quite another thing. It is a good thing it was you in the garden telling Panda Girl how to handle it all with her "snake" - I probably would have gone the other way and told her "You never can be too careful!" LOL! But then...I don't even like to look at snakes through the glass at the zoo! How terrible of a mom am I?