Wednesday, April 09, 2008

One, Two, Three, Four, Five



What I was doing 5 years ago - Spring of 2004
1. Adjusting to life as a mother
2. Moving from a 6mo. temporary stay in Austin to DeSoto for PP to be the Children's Minister at a church there
3. Wondering why getting PandaGirl in February was taking such an emotional toll on me
4. Getting to know potential friends at our new church
5. Taking a bazillion pics of our new daughter

*Blonde moment math update: apparently my finger math is off a year. Five years ago would be 2003, but since I can't remember as vividly what I did in '03, I'm sticking with '04....it's my blog and I can. HA!

Five things on my to-do list today (we'll go with tomorrow since its night-time)
1. Work out to Turbo Jam!
2. Read books to PG
3. Tell The Fur about a 100 times to stop chewing on things they shouldn't chew
4. Spend the day with PandaPop--it's his day off
5. Go to the visitation for our friend Susan who is at the ultimate party with JESUS.

Five snacks I enjoy
1. Chocolate, with milk
2. Mountain Trail Mix from Walmart, with milk
3. Gala apple slices with a bit of peanut butter, with milk
4. Wheat Thins & a stick of string cheese, with Dr. Pepper
5. Fiber One granola bars----THE BEST!, with milk...I like milk.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. BIG Tithe! No joke. Without doing this FIRST then the rest is useless. (Maybe even designate part of it so it would go to certain ministries worldwide)
2. Get more children for my family
3. Give grants for adoptive families who struggle with the $$$ to get their children like us
4. Build our dream retreat center for ministers who have been burned or burnt out in ministry which would, of course, be on a beautiful horse ranch in Central Texas.
5. Buy ourselves and family members fun things and travel!

Five of my bad habits
1. Eating too much chocolate
2. Starting a project and not finishing it
3. Starting a book and not finishing it
4. Rolling my eyes
5. Not dusting as often as my house needs it

Five places I have lived
1. Waco, TX
2. Austin, TX
3. Baytown, TX
4. Ft. Worth, TX
5. DeSoto, TX

Five jobs I’ve had
1. While in college - Secretary and then later a caregiver for special needs children and adults for The Association for Retarded Citizens. Blessed beyond measure here and first exposed to children with Autism and severe & profound Cerebral Palsy. Made me VERY thankful for my healthy life.

2. College - Sales Associate for Zondervan Christian Bookstore in the Mall. SO fun and worked with a great staff. One guy in particular made it incredibly fun in the back room because we would literally play with all the toy things that came in and try them all out cracking up the whole time. Easy and fun especially for my Sanguine personality with all the social interaction with customers.

3. College - Computer data entry for an Electronics Transfer company. I would call banks all over the country to see if funds were available in people's accounts for whatever thing they purchased from some other company.

4. First "real" job was as a Speech Therapist for the public school system. Did this for over 6 years. Very enjoyable, but all I wanted during that time was for PP to finish Seminary and for me to be a SAHM (stay at home mom). Don't have a Master's degree so am pretty useless without it in this field.

5. Taught K, 1st and 5th grades in private Christian schools. The K year was at an Episcopal school. I am Southern Baptist so this was a very interesting year learning all the ways they do things differently. My 1st grade teaching year was by far my best job ever. I loved the school, the kids and my coworkers (sidenote: if you read my post a couple of days ago you know how I feel about that "coworker" word! HA!).

Five random things you'd like to do "one day":
1. Ride a horse proficiently...on my own ranch ; )
2. Play piano again
3. Meet, Talent--the little girl we sponsor in Africa
4. Visit Jackson Hole, Wyoming
5. Be a casting director for a movie

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like it's been 5 years since I first met you and I miss getting to see you sniff sniff. We love Gala apples at our house, only we like them carmel.

Much Ado said...

Loved reading this. my 5 for the billionaire question would be EXACTLY the same as yours, except probably a load of chalets in the Spanish Pyrenees instead of the ranch - though that would be very NICE! just too far for us! ;)

Oh, and just wondering, Do you like milk? ;)

GloryandGrace said...

You're making me feel very old.... :)

Sheryl said...

Interesting post! I'd love to have a horse ranch someday too. I've actually been thinking, lately, how fun it would be to take the boys horseback riding at the beach. But, I don't think horseback riding is a recommended activity for women who are 39 weeks pregnant. ; )

Jinglebritches said...

Honey Bunny...I hate to break it to you but.....5 years ago was 2003. :0} Hear about tornadoes in you area. Are you OK??? Toot is very concerned about Panda Girl. Give us a word when you can.

Love you to pieces!!!

~LL~ said...

Love this post. I will be "borrowing" your idea for it soon. :D

GloryandGrace said...

You didn't tag anybody!

I do hope you are all safe after the storms last night...when I heard "Johnson County" announced, which is where my dad lives, my heart sunk. And then today I heard that there were many spots in the DFW area that had major damage done. Hope everything is okay where you're at!

XOXO

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Fun list!!!

Always good to learn more about Panda Mom...

Happy Friday!
Lisa

Steffie B. said...

always love hearing scoopage on you! ;)

Mommy Spice said...

Ooooh fun! I might have to try this one. Love the FiberOne bars too, but they sure do a number on me.... I have been getting in to chocolate milk as a snack lately. Yummm!!

Denise C said...

What fun stuff about you , my friend!!! Love getting to know you better!! Sweet Blessings,
Denise

Kim said...

This was fun to read!!! I love how generous you would be with the money! Not everybody could honestly say they would give a lot to the Lord...but hopefully we all would in that situation!